Rebels2k3

Fire Sanchez

11 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Okay, but the AD can't unilaterally put a contract like that in place at UNLV, can they?  In Idaho, it needs the approval of of the President and then goes to the State Board of Education for actual approval.  Lame duck ADs don't have the power to push through things like that.

Nevada’s college presidents were given more authority in September 2016 over high-profile coaching contracts and so they didn’t have to get approval. Normally this would be a good thing because we want our AD and President to be able to hire new coaches quickly without a lengthy board of regents nonsense which bogs down the process.   So Len Jessup who was already looking around and putting his name out for other presidential jobs allowed outgoing AD TKM to extend Sanchez which was one of the dirtiest and disrespectful moves in UNLV athletics history.  It will not be forgotten and those involved in the fraudulent unethical move will all be gone from the campus in 42 days or less if they haven’t already been removed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Nevada’s college presidents were given more authority in September 2017 over high-profile coaching contracts.  So Len Jessup who was already looking around and putting his name out for other presidential jobs allowed outgoing AD TKM to extend Sanchez which was one of the dirtiest and disrespectful moves in UNLV athletics history.  It will not be forgotten and those involved in the fraudulent unethical move will all be gone from the campus in 42 days or less if they haven’t already been removed.

Damn.  I guess the only silver lining is that the actual buyout number is reasonable/doable (even though it never should have been necessary in the first place).

18 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Damn.  I guess the only silver lining is that the actual buyout number is reasonable/doable (even though it never should have been necessary in the first place).

Yes the $900,000 buyout is pocket change and like I said before, it will likely be negotiated for much less so that Tony can go back to High School where he can pretend he is elite while being the only one that is allowed to recruit players.

This disaster is sort of the ending I envisioned for this chapter in UNLV Football history that started with the hiring of Wayne Nunnely.  Closing out this chapter with a High School coach blaming the players he recruited for losing football games while he sits there with zero skills other than being able to fix a xerox printer is the final nail in the coffin.

UNLV Football will now start a new chapter with a new big name coaching staff, new football facilities and a brand new $2 billion dollar stadium.  I am excited for the future! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

You are starting to catch on to our problems.  We have problems from our Board of Regents on down.

To put things in perspective:  Idaho's State Board of Education told the University of Idaho's President that his contract would not be renewed, so he is a lame-duck President in his final school year.  Then Idaho's AD got in a lot of hot water for not following up on sexual harassment claims that happened years ago.  The AD got put on leave and the State Board told U of Idaho's President that they would make the decision on what to do with him-- as a lame duck, they essentially rescinded his ability to fire his own subordinate.  The AD got fired by the State Board and U of Idaho will have to limp along with an interim AD until they are able to hire a new President next summer.

Now, that is some pretty heavy handed shit.  Our State Board has a lot of power (they used to have even more power over athletics than they do now).  I'm not saying that is the answer but it has to be somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWRebel said:

I know most of you guys don’t give two self hand jobs for Volleyball but, DRF hired a good Volleyball coach.  She is not like TKM.  I am hopeful she will get us a good football coach.  Give her a chance.  Sanchez is done.

Sanchez is toast. It remains to be seen if DRF will pull the trigger and get going on a new HC. I think people will be surprised the list of candidates she puts together. 

We can get a HC that doesn’t manipulate or force the media every offseason to writing about how it’s a bowl capable roster. 

45 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

To put things in perspective:  Idaho's State Board of Education told the University of Idaho's President that his contract would not be renewed, so he is a lame-duck President in his final school year.  Then Idaho's AD got in a lot of hot water for not following up on sexual harassment claims that happened years ago.  The AD got put on leave and the State Board told U of Idaho's President that they would make the decision on what to do with him-- as a lame duck, they essentially rescinded his ability to fire his own subordinate.  The AD got fired by the State Board and U of Idaho will have to limp along with an interim AD until they are able to hire a new President next summer.

Now, that is some pretty heavy handed shit.  Our State Board has a lot of power (they used to have even more power over athletics than they do now).  I'm not saying that is the answer but it has to be somewhere in the middle.

We don’t want our regents anywhere near a hire. Ever, lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Fast forward to 7:25. 😂

"Shawn Dingleberry" throwing out truth "nuggets" yo.  I'm sure all you UNLV guys know this guy well but I've never seen him before. It looks like he has the same fashion consultant as Sanchez.  Also, you have to be a pretty big diehard to listen to an hour and ten minute discussion of the program.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

"Shawn Dingleberry" throwing out truth "nuggets" yo.  I'm sure all you UNLV guys know this guy well but I've never seen him before. It looks like he has the same fashion consultant as Sanchez.

He needs a pinky ring to complete the motif. I’m too lazy to listen to a guy who videos himself in his apartment. Who does that?

• Haha 1

The guy is scratching his balls the first five seconds of the video!  LMAO!

This guy doesn't even know that Mike Riley already left Oregon State.  Nice apartment guy.

This guy is a comedian.  I love him.  I am not sure he means to be funny but he is hilarious.

He can't be real.

Jeff Tedford turned around Fresno State in one season but somehow UNLV fans are supposed to be patient because next year will be BIG.  High School Tony is almost there.  Just needs one more year.  Remember he has a family.

Pure comedy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

The guy is scratching his balls the first five seconds of the video!  LMAO!

This guy doesn't even know that Mike Riley already left Oregon State.  Nice apartment guy.

This guy is a comedian.  I love him.  I am not sure he means to be funny but he is hilarious.

He can't be real.

Jeff Tedford turned around Fresno State in one season but somehow UNLV fans are supposed to be patient because next year will be BIG.  High School Tony is almost there.  Just needs one more year.  Remember he has a family.

Pure comedy.

He essentially called us assholes for expecting to have a competitive program.  F-ck him!

• Like 1