Rebels2k3

Fire Sanchez

22 hours ago, renoskier said:

Tell me more about this. How are they getting away with it?

For instance, I know that  Christian Chamberlain's folks used to live south of town but I think they moved into the Reno HS zone before he was a  freshman.

Here is another interesting stat about movement in baseball. The three players of the year for baseball last season were all zoned for Spanish Springs (OPY, DPY and POY). Only one of them actually played for Spanish Springs. (Spanish Springs and McQ both sent players to Boise’s program BTW.) The best player of that three (IMO anyway) verbaled to Long Beach State via Reno HS. Another went to Galena and he’s going to a DII program. So, Manogue isn’t the only school doing this. I get the district has bigger fish to fry so it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. I know way too much about this as my son(s) both will have an opportunity to play at some level in college baseball if they want to. 

6 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Here is another interesting stat about movement in baseball. The three players of the year for baseball last season were all zoned for Spanish Springs (OPY, DPY and POY). Only one of them actually played for Spanish Springs. (Spanish Springs and McQ both sent players to Boise’s program BTW.) The best player of that three (IMO anyway) verbaled to Long Beach State via Reno HS. Another went to Galena and he’s going to a DII program. So, Manogue isn’t the only school doing this. I get the district has bigger fish to fry so it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. I know way too much about this as my son(s) both will have an opportunity to play at some level in college baseball if they want to. 

So, if you don't mind saying, how are they skirting the rules?

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

So, if you don't mind saying, how are they skirting the rules?

That’s the thing... there aren’t “rules” in place to stop a coach from building a program — that I am aware of. They are just using an academy to build a program. For example, if an assistant coach tells a parents to transfer into Reno HS via the Red House project, thats recruiting but it’s within the rules. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 4:43 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I absolutely agree.

I think UNLV should keep Sanchez forever. Because as long as the money keeps rolling in from the Fartittas, losing teams are a good thing. :cheer:

Lol

there is very little money rolling in. Been four years and they have a partially built training facility. 

• Haha 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Everyone knows that is your job. 

I don't think @NevadaFan  would try to steal your thunder.

Good.  You both don't need to steal a thing.  You both have Idiot badges for life.  Now, run along and go play with each other.

Wear this tomorrow while on the job...  People will nod their heads in the affirmative.

Image result for idiot badge

2 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Good.  You both don't need to steal a thing.  You both have Idiot badges for life.  Now, run along and go play with each other.

Wear this tomorrow while on the job...  People will nod their heads in the affirmative.

Christ. It’s doubling down on its own stupidity. But at least it’s not bragging about Vegas women’s soccer team. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Lol

there is very little money rolling in. Been four years and they have a partially built training facility. 

I still don’t get the concept that a building is a gamechanger for any program. I also get that facilities are important. I think Vegas should do what it thinks is best for its university and AD. 

3 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Sounds like a guy speaking from experience. 

No one will ever out idiot you.  You are a king among dumbasses.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Christ. It’s doubling down on its own stupidity. But at least it’s not bragging about Vegas women’s soccer team. 

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Sounds like a guy speaking from experience. 

No one will ever out idiot you.  You are a king among dumbasses.

You guys sound like good pals.  lol.  

Image result for dumb and dumber

On 11/6/2018 at 8:52 AM, renoskier said:

Off topic but did you see/hear the rant that the Reno HS coach went on about being Catholic and Bishop Manogue's football program?

Coach Avansino got shown the door after 17 years. Pretty sure he didn't mind.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:02 AM, NWRebel said:

The guy has some issues.  It's better that he be kept away from high school football.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:32 AM, NVBlueNeck said:

Yeah, I saw a little on channel 4 last night. Said it made him personally reevaluate his thoughts on the church. Or something like that.

Nevermind, I clicked the link.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:04 AM, toonkee said:

I'm right there with the RHS coach.

I don't think big time Catholic school fb is in the mold of Jesus Christ. To be fair, not much of the Catholic church or the Vatican is very Christ-like, either.

They may tell you that they're spending money to make money, or spread the word, but at some point it becomes self-serving horseshit and I think we've passed that long ago with Gorman, Manogue, etc.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:06 AM, NevadaFan said:

^^^This. 

Here is a great follow up article/interview with Coach Dan Avasino. It really gives a lot more depth to his half time interview.

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/nsn-exclusive-avansino-believes-line-crossed-with-manogues-push-for-athletic-dominance

On a side note, Nevada Sports Net (especially with the addition of Chris Murray) is going to be an incredible asset for the all northern Nevada sports.

I've added NSN to my main favorite bar in place of the RGJ.

30 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Has Sanchez ever been able to establish much of a "Gorman" pipeline?

How many kids does BG usually send to D1 per year?

In his defense, he’s had to get permission from the NCAA to recruit Bishop Gorman.  That stops after this class.  I’m not sure how much, if any, impact that will have.

15 minutes ago, bigd said:

Bump...

So what names would UNLV like to see? Sarkisian? Jim Leavitt?

Who's coaching at Gorman these days?

Reb high fans deserve Sanchez. Dumbest fan base in the country. Remember when they were all excited about that pic of him on a private jet?  Morons

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

On 10/7/2018 at 11:03 AM, Rebels18 said:

I hope he is fired, but he'll likely get one more season. Sanchize was a great salesman when it came to pumping people up on what he wanted to build at UNLV. But that was the problem, he was just a salesman--not a D1 HC. By the end of the year his salesmanship had a direct hand in raising over $40 million in donations for the Fertitta Football Complex, and towards renovations for the Lied Athletic Complex and Sam Boyd Stadium....and he's brought in better recruiting classes than any other coach in recent memory. 

One shred of optimism UNLV football fans can get behind after yet another head coach fire FLOP is unlike HAUCK.... who left the cupboard completely bare after his departure at UNLV----at least Sanchez will leave the program to the next coach with a team with some depth to be competitive and a $32 million practice facility...plus a $2 billion stadium by 2020 will help things along. 

2ztk9oo.png

UNLV had nothing to do with $2B stadium.

39 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Stadium wasn’t going to get approved without UNLV. 

Are you guys playing your games in that stadium next year?  We know from experience when the Chargers were still in SD.  Your attendance will be embarrassing.  It'll be far worse than when we had to share ours with the Chargers.