Rebels2k3

Fire Sanchez

20 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Fire Sanchez and hire someone that can install a unique philosophy that can at least sell tickets. June Jones or Art Briles. Take a risk. Hell, hire someone that can run the triple option. At least that would give us something to consolidate around as a fanbase.

Art Briles = TOO SOON

If you are going to go the coach w/baggage route, ¿why not Rich Rod?

19 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

No triple option but UNLV definitely needs to take a chance and be aggressive in hiring a PROVEN WINNER at the FBS level.

Les Miles

Greg Schiano

Lane Kiffin

Mike Riley

Gary Pinkel

Norv Turner

Rich Rodriguez

Rick Neuheisel

Art Briles

Tee Martin

Jedd Fisch

Bret Bielema

Mark Helfrich

Butch Jones

Neuheisel's Record at his last D-1A gig, UCLA:

21-29...(.420)...Over-All

12-23...(.371)...Pac-10

He's currently the HC for the Phoenix Hotshots in the Alliance of American Football.  Has anyone even heard of this league before?

Given the above & all Slick Rick's shady baggage, Southern Nevada doesn't want this guy.

June Jones will be the next UNLV coach.

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

8 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Neuheisel's Record at his last D-1A gig, UCLA:

21-29...(.420)...Over-All

12-23...(.371)...Pac-10

He's currently the HC for the Phoenix Hotshots in the Alliance of American Football.  Has anyone even heard of this league before?

Given the above & all Slick Rick's shady baggage, Southern Nevada doesn't want this guy.

San Diego has a AAF team. The San Diego Fleet.  Mike Martz is the HC. Marshall Faulk is on his staff. Lots of former Aztecs, a few Bulldogs on the roster.

https://aaf.com/san-diego-fleet/

Edit: Pretty interesting league for MWC fans. Lots of former players on all of the rosters

• Like 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Art Briles = TOO SOON

If you are going to go the coach w/baggage route, ¿why not Rich Rod?

Many of those guys will not take the job.  Even if you are down on your luck you should think twice.  Do you really want your last shot at being a head coach to take place at Unlv?  Career suicide in many folks opinion. Better to wait or go be an assistant for a while.  

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 4:15 PM, Rebels2k3 said:

Fire Sanchez and hire someone that can install a unique philosophy that can at least sell tickets. June Jones or Art Briles. Take a risk. Hell, hire someone that can run the triple option. At least that would give us something to consolidate around as a fanbase.

Great! Suggest somebody that allows sexual assault, in Art Briles!! You have heard what happened at Baylor didn't you?

5 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I'm aware, but as far as I know, he hasn't been charged or convicted of any criminal activity.

No he wasn't. My thing is, Briles said," I wasn't told why Sam Ukuwachu transferred from BSU." Coach Pete got on ESPN and flat said,"the heck if I didn't tell you." Sam had this idea of coming up to Idaho he could just beat his girlfriend. That's the reason he was suspended the first time. Second time he did it Pete told him to pack his bags. There was like 52 sexual assualts down at Baylor under Briles's watch. So, him,the A.D. and the President of Baylor all got fired.

13 minutes ago, Bronco22 said:

No he wasn't. My thing is, Briles said," I wasn't told why Sam Ukuwachu transferred from BSU." Coach Pete got on ESPN and flat said,"the heck if I didn't tell you." Sam had this idea of coming up to Idaho he could just beat his girlfriend. That's the reason he was suspended the first time. Second time he did it Pete told him to pack his bags. There was like 52 sexual assualts down at Baylor under Briles's watch. So, him,the A.D. and the President of Baylor all got fired.

Briles seems to make Boise fans the most upset.

My gut tells me UNLV should consider Briles.

If you want to win, hire a winner.

5 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I'm aware, but as far as I know, he hasn't been charged or convicted of any criminal activity.

Learn from CSU.  LE set back CSU athletics big time.  When you are desperate it never works out.  CSU is a perfect example. 

• Like 1

Unlv's only realistic hope is to hire a young up and coming coordinator from somewhere and catch lightening in a bottle. Sure he won't be there very long but a few years of upward trajectory will make it easier for the next hire. At that point you might be able to spend some money and get a proven Head coach to roll the dice. 

• Facepalm 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."