Jump to content
Rebels2k3

Fire Sanchez

Recommended Posts

At the end of the season. If he isn't, it just shows how far UNLV has fallen. He has zero business coaching at this level. Why did we even hire him? Wow.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am finally 100% in on the fire Sanchez bandwagon. That was inexcusable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking toward the Sanchize visit to Logan Saturday. I hope I don’t regret saying this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he is fired, but he'll likely get one more season. Sanchize was a great salesman when it came to pumping people up on what he wanted to build at UNLV. But that was the problem, he was just a salesman--not a D1 HC. By the end of the year his salesmanship had a direct hand in raising over $40 million in donations for the Fertitta Football Complex, and towards renovations for the Lied Athletic Complex and Sam Boyd Stadium....and he's brought in better recruiting classes than any other coach in recent memory. 

One shred of optimism UNLV football fans can get behind after yet another head coach fire FLOP is unlike HAUCK.... who left the cupboard completely bare after his departure at UNLV----at least Sanchez will leave the program to the next coach with a team with some depth to be competitive and a $32 million practice facility...plus a $2 billion stadium by 2020 will help things along. 

2ztk9oo.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I am looking toward the Sanchize visit to Logan Saturday. I hope I don’t regret saying this. 

Saying shit like that usually results in disappointment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

I hope he is fired, but he'll likely get one more season. Sanchize was a great salesman when it came to pumping people up on what he wanted to build at UNLV. But that was the problem, he was just a salesman--not a D1 HC. By the end of the year his salesmanship had a direct hand in raising over $40 million in donations for the Fertitta Football Complex, and towards renovations for the Lied Athletic Complex and Sam Boyd Stadium....and he's brought in better recruiting classes than any other coach in recent memory. 

One shred of optimism UNLV football fans can get behind after yet another head coach fire FLOP is unlike HAUCK.... who left the cupboard completely bare after his departure at UNLV----at least Sanchez will leave the program to the next coach with a team with some depth to be competitive and a $32 million practice facility...plus a $2 billion stadium by 2020 will help things along. 

2ztk9oo.png

Are we still drooling over Fertitta money? +++++ them. They only gave us money because Sanchez was their boy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Are we still drooling over Fertitta money? +++++ them. They only gave us money because Sanchez was their boy.

We need the facility completed and then we can worry about getting rid of Sanchez.  The Raiders stadium is finalized, so we’re good on that front.

I don’t think Sanchez gets fired after this year.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted Sanchez to succeed.  But, keeping him another year is a waste of time.  Nothing has changed.  The State of Nevada needs to modify it's lemon law to apply to college football coaches.

Image result for lemon law  UNLV football coaching.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I really needed to know about Sanchez was that it took him six full years as a full time student to get a Bachelor's Degree in Family and Consumer Science.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like he would be a good fit for unlv with some really experienced position coaches and coordinators on his staff. If he delegated heavily to them I think there could be some good synergies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

It sounds like he would be a good fit for unlv with some really experienced position coaches and coordinators on his staff. If he delegated heavily to them I think there could be some good synergies. 

That’s why he hired Baer and Cotton to start off with.  Baer is gone.  Cotton needs to go as well because they can’t throw the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Saying shit like that usually results in disappointment.

You would be the expert on that.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Are we still drooling over Fertitta money? +++++ them. They only gave us money because Sanchez was their boy.

No we're not. In hindsight they gave us chump change in contrast to USC and Notre Dame. and you're right, the local billionaire family that made every dime they have thanks to LAS VEGAS never wanted a dime of their money even associated with the University of Nevada, LAS VEGAS until they hired Sanchez. f*ck them indeed. 

The point is, when Sanchez is eventually fired, at least he left the program in better shape than he found it in....lol its the only silver lining one can possibly find in with UNLV Football following yet another coaching hire disaster.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would honestly put all of your resources towards basketball.  You could compete with SDSU if you did that.  Football just isn’t ever going to happen.  Never.  But basketbal, there is a shot to play for the MW title.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slappy said:

I would honestly put all of your resources towards basketball.  You could compete with SDSU if you did that.  Football just isn’t ever going to happen.  Never.  But basketbal, there is a shot to play for the MW title.  

The last team we need any advice from is f*ckin Wyoming. Your sleepy ass program doesn't even the potential to be great in anything, ever. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was the second time during Tony’s tenure where the program took a major step backwards. The other being against Howard. I was really expecting the rebs to improve off of last year, which showed a lot of promise. I’m still trying to figure out where the hell the offense is at that I saw in person when USU came to Vegas and was practically unstoppable until Armani got hurt. I don’t expect the rebs to win in Logan this week, but it will be very telling if they come out with some fight or just don’t show up for a second week in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Fallen? You guys seem to be stuck in neutral

Exactly - UNLV hasn't fallen anywhere..........it's at it's usual level of life support with the occasional decent showing mixed in with lot's of crappy showings

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

The last team we need any advice from is f*ckin Wyoming. Your sleepy ass program doesn't even the potential to be great in anything, ever. 

you're always such an arrogant prick. Whats your freaking problem?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

The last team we need any advice from is f*ckin Wyoming. Your sleepy ass program doesn't even the potential to be great in anything, ever. 

Look bub.  Unlv has the worst winning percentage all time in football for all universities west of the Mississippi.  This is not a current coach / AD / President problem.  Unlv can not play football.  Period.  But I do believe if you pooled all your $ you could compete with the likes of SDSU in hoops.  Don’t be surprised if this model comes up in the next 10 years.  You can think of me when it does.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×