mugtang

Next Leftist Talking Point

They’re pushing the idea that the Senate is unequal representation. But they fail to mention that the Senate represents the individual States and not the People.  The House has the People and the States have the Senate.  We should repeal the 17th amendment and give the States the option to either appoint their Senators or elect them as that will get rid of this myth and talking point that the Senate has unequal representation. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The mask comes off a little more everyday. The Left pays lip service to the Constitution while secretly hating it. They are no longer satisfied with subverting it from the shadows, they want their disdain for it to go public. They wrongfully believe most Americans want to see it changed or done away with.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The mask comes off a little more everyday. The Left pays lip service to the Constitution while secretly hating it. They are no longer satisfied with subverting it from the shadows, they want their disdain for it to go public. They wrongfully believe most Americans want to see it changed or done away with.

I dont know about that. I think this is more related to the everybody wins culture. No one knows how to deal with losing so they throw a tantrum till mommy and daddy change the rules so they can win.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I dont know about that. I think this is more related to the everybody wins culture. No one knows how to deal with losing so they throw a tantrum till mommy and daddy change the rules so they can win.

I think it’s an ignorant vocal minority that needs a civics and history lesson - maybe some play-doh and a safe place too.

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

They’re pushing the idea that the Senate is unequal representation. But they fail to mention that the Senate represents the individual States and not the People.  The House has the People and the States have the Senate.  We should repeal the 17th amendment and give the States the option to either appoint their Senators or elect them as that will get rid of this myth and talking point that the Senate has unequal representation. 

I agree that we should repeal it because I think direct election of senators devalues state and local elections.  It puts the focus on the federal government as the main problem solver and the states have been forgotten about.   State legislatures actually get things done.  If may surprise you that people who are anti Trump dont agree on everything. ..we just agree that Trump is a cluster who is bad for America. 

Posted Image

One of the dumbest things about this whole Kav thing is that the senators that were on the fence are getting the worst of it from the left.   "It's their fault". No, you idiots, there were 48 other Senators that were a hard "no".  You should be more mad at them.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I agree that we should repeal it because I think direct election of senators devalues state and local elections.  It puts the focus on the federal government as the main problem solver and the states have been forgotten about.   State legislatures actually get things done.  If may surprise you that people who are anti Trump dont agree on everything. ..we just agree that Trump is a cluster who is bad for America. 

Of course that's what you think, and it's adorable.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trump is a problem. We need a reasonable opposition to keep him in check. What we’re seeing is not that. 

His mouth is a problem. Most of his policies IMO are spot on. I will not be voting for him in the primaries just like last time. However, I can’t think of a Democrat I would vote for over him in the general election. Is there even a moderate Democrat out there? Harris, Warren, Sanders, Booker, etal are too far left for me.  Biden is the only one I would even consider. 

The Democrats are too stupid to understand that if they ran a moderate candidate they would have a great chance of winning. They consistently overplay their hand to their own detriment. 

• Like 2

50 senators voted to select a nakedly partisan ill tempered person to the supreme court.

The system is so +++++ing broken tinkering with it won't fix anything. Either vote EVERYONE out, stop the unfettered flow of money or blow it all up.

Given we can't even talk about it without demonizing the "other" side, using dismissive labels, I'm for blowing it all up.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

One of the Final Five..........

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

I never thought we would be in such fundamental agreement over an issue.  Who knew?!  We’re bridging the divide already! :cheers:

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

39 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

His mouth is a problem. Most of his policies IMO are spot on. I will not be voting for him in the primaries just like last time. However, I can’t think of a Democrat I would vote for over him in the general election. Is there even a moderate Democrat out there? Harris, Warren, Sanders, Booker, etal are too far left for me.  Biden is the only one I would even consider. 

The Democrats are too stupid to understand that if they ran a moderate candidate they would have a great chance of winning. They consistently overplay their hand to their own detriment. 

Why would the Democrats run another moderate like the Clintons?  Their whole strategy was to adopt conservative ideas. 

• Haha 1
Posted Image

32 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I never thought we would be in such fundamental agreement over an issue.  Who knew?!  We’re bridging the divide already! :cheers:

I think everyone would be much happier if Congress stopped believing they can make so many laws that both California and Texas agree on.   California should be allowed to ban certain weapons, allow reproductive choice,  have universal healthcare...and Texas can do the opposite without Washington's interference.  The only issue I have is that Texas shouldn't be able to setup maquiladoras with slave labor and no environmental laws without CA having some recourse when those products come into CA.  This is the same beef I have with some of our international trade agreement.

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

I think everyone would be much happier if Congress stopped believing they can make so many laws that both California and Texas agree on.   California should be allowed to ban certain weapons, allow reproductive choice,  have universal healthcare...and Texas can do the opposite without Washington's interference.  The only issue I have is that Texas shouldn't be able to setup maquiladoras with slave labor and no environmental laws without CA having some recourse when those products come into CA.  This is the same beef I have with some of our international trade agreement.

I agree with everything you just said. 

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

Why would the Democrats run another moderate like the Clintons?  Their whole strategy was to adopt conservative ideas. 

So that they would have some ideas.

Right now the left has nothing but failed ideas and failed policies to double down on.  That is why they focus on racism and dividing the country into little chunks they think will vote for them.

• Like 1