ph90702

What happened to the idiot emoji?

34 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Just curious.

I think mug dumped it and just let you keep posting...

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Not a tradition but that emoji had become iconic. So props to:

1. 90702 for inquiring where it went,

2. to whomever created it, and

3. to Tedford Train for refusing to let it die

and pacifiers to all the snowflakes who couldn't take a joke when they received one and demanded that mugtang eliminate it.

• Like 9

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

I don't think it was ableism. I think it was part of mug's reaction to the coarsening of board discussions on the OT forum. 

Bingo.  The other I have is I completely eliminate reactions on the OT forum. 

1 hour ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Things have always been coarse here. That's the nature of sports forums.

True. But the OT forum descended into another level

1 minute ago, JADogs05 said:

I think there was a stretch where it got really bad—like bad enough to drive level-headed posters away bad. 

Bingo

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Bingo

Yeah, I think that things will always be edgy on that board, but you’re the one with the best pulse on what the average poster is willing to tolerate. I don’t think this was a “snowflake” or “safe space” move. 

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

Bingo

Is there any way to only enable the idiot emoji on the sports forum? As others have said, it's kind of a board tradition at this point, and I'd be sad to see it go. And I say this as someone who has been on the receiving end of that emoji more frequently than at least 90% of the posters in this forum. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

At the very least there should be a dislike, i.e. 'thumbs down' option as facepalm, sad, confused and Haha don't really suffice for simple disapproval of something posted.

If you think someone said something stupid enough to react to....

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

Is there any way to only enable the idiot emoji on the sports forum? As others have said, it's kind of a board tradition at this point, and I'd be sad to see it go. And I say this as someone who has been on the receiving end of that emoji more frequently than at least 90% of the posters in this forum. :)

I don’t have that option as of right now, unfortunately. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

19 hours ago, mugtang said:

Bingo

Please NEVER use the kind of "reputation" system they've always had on the Aresco Athletic Conference board. I wasted, er, spent a considerable amount of time there for a year or so when SDSU appeared headed toward joining that conference and from that can say such a system results in disgusting cliqueish behavior. It's almost as blatant as I'll suck yours if you'll suck mine.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Please NEVER use the kind of "reputation" system they've always had on the Aresco Athletic Conference board. I wasted, er, spent a considerable amount of time there for a year or so when SDSU appeared headed toward joining that conference and from that can say such a system results in disgusting cliqueish behavior. It's almost as blatant as I'll suck yours if you'll suck mine.

Is it a system where people are rewarded for giving reputation?  And the more reputation you have the better?  I have the option to institute that but have no intention of doing that.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Is it a system where people are rewarded for giving reputation?  And the more reputation you have the better?  I have the option to institute that but have no intention of doing that.  

Yes and the result is a number of brown nosers having reputation points in the multiple hundreds and then relying on that to try to win debates against others. And then if that doesn't do it, their butt buddies verbally get their back (pun intended).

I've always enjoyed this board because it has fostered legitimate debate and the reputation system does the opposite.  Of course, the posters there think Mike Aresco is the greatest commissioner since Pete Rozelle and that adding Too-lame University was a stroke of brilliance.

Boom goes the dynamite.