Jump to content
Dogs4Me

Utah State The Most Complete Team In The Mtn. Division

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Well, granted, we're no Tennessee Tech, NM State, or AFA or even a BYU but we can still, and in all probability will, put a very large boot in your ass if you decide to show up.

IOW: You've played a Charmin soft schedule  and it continues next week against LVHS.   Boise, Fresno and SDSU are on another level. Maybe dial it back, just a little?  Seems I remember a couple of seasons ago, Aggies showing up in Qualcomm after a big win against Boise proclaiming that there was a new sheriff in town.  Remember how that game went? Probably not.

Oh yeah...and 10 straight.  the last time you beat us, man was still 2 years away from walking on the moon and I was in Mrs Fuller's 4th grade class counting the moles on her neck as she operated the slide projector.

Settle down. 

And congratulations on counting to 10.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, Utah State has been an offensive system team throughout the re-brand years. It's well rounded in safety outlets, zone reads/directional running and intermediate yardage hits.

No better, no worse, but usually pretty good for five yards at a time. Nothing's changed drastically and probably never will.

When they can fill that system with some dangerous weapons (Keeton, Love) it stretches, expands and really pops...rather than just keeping the offense on the field with 1st/2nd/3rd option run/screen/dink n' dunk pass.

Utah State - and really the state of Utah for some strange reason - has made their defenses consistently sturdy while the Aggies invested in developing (QB) Love. If you remember, Utah State's defense shortage last year almost brought it all crashing down on Wells.

They got creative and resourceful with personnel...something every G5 coach and administrator must be able to do...and both sides of the ball snapped back well at the same time.

Nobody is talking about their defense it seems. How do they pull these defensive players?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Well, granted, we're no Tennessee Tech, NM State, or AFA or even a BYU but we can still, and in all probability will, put a very large boot in your ass if you decide to show up.

IOW: You've played a Charmin soft schedule  and it continues next week against LVHS.   Boise, Fresno and SDSU are on another level. Maybe dial it back, just a little?  Seems I remember a couple of seasons ago, Aggies showing up in Qualcomm after a big win against Boise proclaiming that there was a new sheriff in town.  Remember how that game went? Probably not.

Oh yeah...and 10 straight.  the last time you beat us, man was still 2 years away from walking on the moon and I was in Mrs Fuller's 4th grade class counting the moles on her neck as she operated the slide projector.

I thought I gave SDSU plenty of credit. Guess not as I clearly struck a nerve. I was more referring to the slew of injuries you’ve had that make you less effective offensively. Right now it’s Fresno or SDSU as best team in the league. 

The S and P, Massey, and every other statistical ranking system has us in a similar spot as you, Fresno, and Boise. Games in 2015 also have zero bearing on games in 2018. We will see what happens. I’m not confident USU can even beat Hawaii, CSU, and Wyo on the road leading up to Boise. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LetTheFurFly said:

To be fair, Utah State has been an offensive system team throughout the re-brand years. It's well rounded in safety outlets, zone reads/directional running and intermediate yardage hits.

No better, no worse, but usually pretty good for five yards at a time. Nothing's changed drastically and probably never will.

When they can fill that system with some dangerous weapons (Keeton, Love) it stretches, expands and really pops...rather than just keeping the offense on the field with 1st/2nd/3rd option run/screen/dink n' dunk pass.

Utah State - and really the state of Utah for some strange reason - has made their defenses consistently sturdy while the Aggies invested in developing (QB) Love. If you remember, Utah State's defense shortage last year almost brought it all crashing down on Wells.

They got creative and resourceful with personnel...something every G5 coach and administrator must be able to do...and both sides of the ball snapped back well at the same time.

Nobody is talking about their defense it seems. How do they pull these defensive players?

Polynesians.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we suck. We lost to Stanford (ranked 13 at the time) Beat ASU (ranked 19 at the time) and beat BTC (in Boise) ranked 23rd...

Did this with back up RB, FB, QB. Incomplete...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Yes, we suck. We lost to Stanford (ranked 13 at the time) Beat ASU (ranked 19 at the time) and beat BTC (in Boise) ranked 23rd...

Did this with back up RB, FB, QB. Incomplete...

Strange how teams keep having "bad games" against us. I guess we're just lucky that way.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

And you'll lose to AFA this weekend.

If I were a FresTuckle fan, I would be concerned about the same fate this weekend.

Too many times I have witnessed an Aztec team blow games they should have won, wouldn't be overly surprised if we do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Yes, we suck. We lost to Stanford (ranked 13 at the time) Beat ASU (ranked 19 at the time) and beat BTC (in Boise) ranked 23rd...

Did this with back up RB, FB, QB. Incomplete...

NO ONE is saying SDSU sucks... except when you guys play an FCS school, what's up with that?  Schedule someone like Tennessee Tech next year ;-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ViAggie said:

So far so good.  Our D is better than advertised, they don't get enough credit.  They create tons of turn overs and they are out on the field for a longer than our offense.  

They lead the conference in yards per play defense. They were strong in that area last year too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

And you'll lose to AFA this weekend.

As long as the game is played anything is  possible but would take something happening like a key player(s) going down with an injury. AFA hasn't beaten the Aztecs since Rock's been here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Yes, we suck. We lost to Stanford (ranked 13 at the time) Beat ASU (ranked 19 at the time) and beat BTC (in Boise) ranked 23rd...

Did this with back up RB, FB, QB. Incomplete...

And amazingly you did it all while in the Mountain Division??

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...