tailingpermit

Boise State vs SDSU Game Thread.

Leave it to Harsin to find a way to lose to a team with no offenses. But I guess your offense doesn’t have to be good when the defense dominates like SUDS did. I thought SD offense was bad and Boise’s was awful. Boise has a real weakness and its the o line. They can’t run the ball and when Rypien gets pressured he is bad. 

The defenses  played very good (Boise) and great (SUDS). The SD D and Boise O gave  SD 13 points on great field position. 

Speaking of field position SUDS was better in field position and special teams.  How is it that Boise can’t get a punter the can net more than 35 yards per kick while San Diego’s punter boomed some kicks?

Well played San Diego you outplayed Boise in all three phases and earned that W. 

On another Boise not what’s up with Pierce he didn’t play today. When asked about Pierce  Hars said we will talk about him Monday.

Our offense is paleolithic, but that said Boise has one hell of a defense. There is no question we miss Washington.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

8 hours ago, tBSU said:

Excellent defensive performance and good game overall by San Diego State. Rypien ints were all great plays by the defenders.

i like what I saw from the Boise D too. Just couldn’t get anything going until the end and it was too late.

So, a little disappointed because I personally had high hopes for this season. But we still control our own destiny in the MW and we’ll get em next week.

Good game Aztecs

Go Broncos!

You do but you now have two ways to lose the mountain.   Lose to USU and you are out.  Lose to Fresno and you are out.   Both losses are real possibilities. 

1 hour ago, badfish said:

If you want to be the program you have to beat the program. Trying to get there, wins like this help.

Nice gutty win when we are beat up; definitely would not have happened under many of the HCs in our past. Rocky has definitely put his stamp on this program. We may not be the aerial show we were in the days of my youth (Coryell and Gilbert), but we are one heckuva a blue collar, bring your lunch to work bunch!

6 hours ago, badfish said:

If you want to be the program you have to beat the program. Trying to get there, wins like this help.

Eh.  It was a good win but the team you have to beat is Fresno.   Beat Boise but lose to Fresno and you are Pacific runner ups once again. 

15 hours ago, steveem said:

Our offense is paleolithic, but that said Boise has one hell of a defense. There is no question we miss Washington.

By a Paleolithic offense do you mean our offense is made up of a bunch of prehistoric cavemen. I’m confused 😐 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

By a Paleolithic offense do you mean our offense is made up of a bunch of prehistoric cavemen. I’m confused 😐 

Steveem is an Aztec referring to SDSU's offense  

Yes I mean the Aztec's Offense is Paleolithic in complexity. It makes Woody Haye's offense look like Bill Walsh. There was a cartoon moment though Byrd looked like the Roadrunner, being chased by Willie E Coyote. He dos that in practice too. All that was lacking was beep beep.

• Like 2

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

On 10/6/2018 at 5:21 PM, MAD MACGYVER said:

Yep, a WTF game is a now a regular feature under the Harsin era. Sadly, it does not sting as much as it did in 2014 vs AFA.  

Unfortunately, I don't believe this was a WTF game as BSU has experienced in the past.  With the issues on the O Line, I'm now saying Boise State will lose to Utah State and Fresno.  That wasn't a random WTF game, that's any good opposing coach taking advantage of the other team's consistent weakness.  Hell, Wyoming was having some success against Boise State's O Line.

The only difference between this game and the game against Oklahoma State is that against SDSU, the multiple sacks and hurries DID get in Rypien's head.  Against OK State, he played unbelievably with the defense in his face...against the Aztecs, not so much.  Along with not protecting the QB, this Boise State team has yet to show it can have a sustainable run game of any kind against any above average defense.

Can you imagine what Boise State practices have been like this year when the ones scrimmage the ones?  The coaches have to know how substandard this O Line is against any kind of quality D Line.

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Eh.  It was a good win but the team you have to beat is Fresno.   Beat Boise but lose to Fresno and you are Pacific runner ups once again. 

Fresno has won 24 games since 2014. SDSU has 43. You’ve had 1.5 good seasons lately, don’t let it go to your head.

18 minutes ago, badfish said:

Fresno has won 24 games since 2014. SDSU has 43. You’ve had 1.5 good seasons lately, don’t let it go to your head.

Haha.   Since the divisions started we have represented the west 3 times and you have represented the west twice.   Hawaii still has a say but likely this game will determine if it is 4-2 Fresno or 3-3.