AggieSox

Will USU Be ranked after this week?

2 hours ago, AggieSox said:

Will USU break into the top 25? 

what for?  I get beating byu is a regional rival and big game for you guys but it isn't a great win. I'm guessing by the end of the year beating them will pencil out like beating Wyoming. 

• Like 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

This win doesn't gain that type of respect.  Good team though, an overall assessment of their capabilities should get them there, eventually, if they keep it up.  Many of us had them as the preseason dark horse, we're starting to look kind of smart on that account.

As an aside...I am neither a USU or BYU fan, but spend a lot of time in the area on business.  USU is definitely viewed as the little brother, and it's a big, big assumption that they are not at the Utah/BYU level when conversing in the greater Salt Lake area.  Last night's ass whuppin bruised a lot of egos for sure.  I'm loving it!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Wisconsin’s loss to BYU was really bad.

Yep, although I think Wisky was grossly overrated at the time...UNM looked like they probably would have taken them to the wire the previous week if the Lobo QB didn't get injured. Plus, BYU just matched up well against Wisky's ground and pound scheme with all their gigantic poly interior linemen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

what for?  I get beating byu is a regional rival and big game for you guys but it isn't a great win. I'm guessing by the end of the year beating them will pencil out like beating Wyoming. 

100% correct since by the end of the year Wyoming will undoubtedly have just as many victories over P5 schools as BYU including a win equivalent to beating Wisconsin.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 hours ago, LKGates said:

No.  We may get a few votes.  I agree, we won't crack the top 25 until near the end of the season, if then.  If USU and Boise are both 10-1 going into our game, it could be a match between two top 25 teams.

It would be good for conference if USU/BSU are both ranked what they meet for final game. 

I didn’t think USU would get ranked after this beatdown.  But thought it would get some people’s attention & scoring 40 for 4th time & doing it on the road for first time.  

Could see USU maybe getting a few votes.........but it's looking like beating BYU isn't going to carry much weight either

BYU surprised with a win at top 10 Wisconsin and got ranked, but then the wheels came off one week later for BYU & they dropped out and after this loss BYU probably won't even be getting votes - those few votes BYU had could go to USU but can't see more than 2 to 4 tops 

1 hour ago, AggieSox said:

It would be good for conference if USU/BSU are both ranked what they meet for final game. 

I didn’t think USU would get ranked after this beatdown.  But thought it would get some people’s attention & scoring 40 for 4th time & doing it on the road for first time.  

Best chance for two MWC teams being ranked might be BSU & Fresno.........but now that conference season has started it's going to be had for any MWC team to rise very fast in rankings 

1 hour ago, AggieSox said:

Best chance for two MWC teams being ranked might be BSU & Fresno.........but now that conference season has started it's going to be had for any MWC team to rise very fast in rankings 

14 hours ago, LKGates said:

No.  We may get a few votes.  I agree, we won't crack the top 25 until near the end of the season, if then.  If USU and Boise are both 10-1 going into our game, it could be a match between two top 25 teams.

About this.  Never mind.  Thanks, Boise.

• Like 1