Jeffkills

Raiders say Sam Boyd is Beneath Them

29 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Maybe you should quit the model glue.

I was once told that greedy owners who ditch their founding cities, composed of generations of devoted fans, most certainly burn in hell for gluttonous betrayals...

On the bright side, hopefully Los Angeles quietly sinks to the bottom of the sea forever??

8f6.gif

Quite obviously, that'd be some sweet addition by subtraction for the union, as a whole..

New-Signature.jpg

If that's sh*tting on UNLV, it would be a slight to this whole conference. With the exception of CSU's stadium---all MWC stadiums are pretty much interchangeable with Sam Boyd. (Except Reno and Hawaii's are dilapidated sh*tboxes) 

They just don't want to have their inaugural season in some mid-tier college stadium..especially if they're going to be the following act of the energy and excitement from the VGK's inaugural season. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

4 hours ago, crixus said:

The Raiders in San Diego...will never happen. 

There are a ton of Raider fans in SD, which is one of the reasons for the rivalry.  If the Bay Area is truly not an option, San Diego makes more sense than anywhere else.

4 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

I was once told that greedy owners who ditch their founding cities, composed of generations of devoted fans, most certainly burn in hell for gluttonous betrayals...

On the bright side, hopefully Los Angeles quietly sinks to the bottom of the sea forever??

8f6.gif

Quite obviously, that'd be some sweet addition by subtraction for the union, as a whole..

You musta been pissed when the Dallas Texans moved to Kansas City (after just winning the AFL Championship Game no less).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, babigos said:

I call complete BS on that chart. No way are the Bills the most popular team in New York State. Nor are the Pirates in PA, for that matter 

Or the Cowboys in NV.  Unless there are lots of Cowboy fans in Vegas.  

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

13 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

A little bit, anyway...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/04/sam-boyd-stadium-isnt-a-temporary-option-for-raiders/

I’ll bet they end up displacing SUDS somehow....

If SDSU West wins the vote in November, we’d own the stadium, becoming landlords to the NFL.

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

You musta been pissed when the Dallas Texans moved to Kansas City (after just winning the AFL Championship Game no less). 

Screw the Chiefs...

Imagine how cool it'd be for the Browns to leave Cleveland?  Like those poor fans haven't been through enough...

New-Signature.jpg

2 hours ago, Spot50B said:

There are a ton of Raider fans in SD, which is one of the reasons for the rivalry.  If the Bay Area is truly not an option, San Diego makes more sense than anywhere else.

In LA yes, but not San Diego.

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I think San Diego will take them for a couple of years before that happens.

Why would San Diego pass that up?   They'd get a lot of tourism dollars, and use a stadium that is already being used for SDSU.

Sounds like a damn good idea. Of course that does not mean it will happen.

6 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

8f6.gif

The Chargers were founded in LA, so they're good.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

9 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

That map's validity is highly suspect.

I'd wager Dallas has a larger target fan-base in Idaho than the Seafags..

Who really likes Seattle that isn't a total toolbag?  I do know my local Fox affiliate likes to broadcast their shitty games in my area, so thank god NFL Sunday ticket is always free - when you threaten to cancel...  I doubt I've paid for Sunday ticket more than twice in 10 years..

You could say the exact same thing about Cowboy fans.

From what I saw when I lived in Las Vegas, the Cowboys were the most popular team there. After all, the Cowboys are America's Team..................South America.

The Bills are absolutely the most popular team in NY, they're the only football team that actually plays in NY.

4 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

The Bills are absolutely the most popular team in NY, they're the only football team that actually plays in NY.

Only becaus Jets and Giants share areas. If it was one or the other, the Bills would 100 percent be second (but even then, I'm fairly certain the Bills are behind the Giants regardless). Either way, that map is bullshit because the Yankees own all of New York, so it's not the Bills that are the most popular sports team regardless. 

21 hours ago, crixus said:

The Raiders in San Diego...will never happen. 

It would be entertaining if they at least played the one game they host the chargers each season in San Diego.

I went to a Raiders/Chargers game in Qualcomm stadium at the end of the 2003 season.  Both teams were bad - I think the teams were battling to see which would end the season with 4 wins (Chargers won).  In those days to get a ticket for the Raiders game in San Diego you either had to be a season ticket holder or buy tickets for at least (I think) two other games in addition to the Raider game.  I'm not sure if the tactic was to discourage Raider fans or if it was a money grab, but there were still a lot of Raider fans there.

In any case, since there is a fortune to be made.  It could happen.  San Diego is pretty ideal for traveling fans to go watch their team, whether it's the Silver and Black or their opponents.

17 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Only becaus Jets and Giants share areas. If it was one or the other, the Bills would 100 percent be second (but even then, I'm fairly certain the Bills are behind the Giants regardless). Either way, that map is bullshit because the Yankees own all of New York, so it's not the Bills that are the most popular sports team regardless. 

I wasn't really being serious............I used to live in Buffalo and most people there are Yankee fans and I would agree that they're most likely the true #1 in NY.

• Like 1