Jeffkills

Raiders say Sam Boyd is Beneath Them

They should come play in Norman for a year.  Oklahoma loves football and would sellout the stadium for them every weekend.  One year in a sleepy Midwest Football town to steal some Cowboys/Chiefs fans sounds like a plan to me.  2019 on Norman.

Tell them you will build them a statue of Mayfield and they will let you use the stadium for free.

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

They should come play in Norman for a year.  Oklahoma loves football and would sellout the stadium for them every weekend.  One year in a sleepy Midwest Football town to steal some Cowboys/Chiefs fans sounds like a plan to me.  2019 on Norman.

Tell them you will build them a statue of Mayfield and they will let you use the stadium for free.

Do they sell alcohol at Gaylord Stadium aka Owen Field? 

There is reason #7,549 that this is a terrible idea. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

8 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Oklahoma loves College football. The NFL fans they do have there are Cowboys faithful.

• Like 1

Sam Boyd stadium only holds 40,000. Its not all that surprising that they wouldn’t want to play there. NFL teams are used to playing in stadiums on 65,000 or more and rely on selling high priced tickets. The Raiders (as weird as it sounds to me) would be above playing in most every G5 stadium. 

Just now, babigos said:

Sam Boyd stadium only holds 40,000. Its not all that surprising that they wouldn’t want to play there. NFL teams are used to playing in stadiums on 65,000 or more and rely on selling high priced tickets. 

The Chargers are playing in 30,000 seat stadium for 3 years.  Sam Boyd is not an option because it is not up-to-date to handle the media from meeting rooms to actual wiring to run the NFL.  The locker rooms are worse than some high schools.  It is barely able to house UNLV football.  It is why the Las Vegas Stadium, though shared with the Raiders, is nothing but a plus for UNLV.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, crixus said:

Oklahoma loves College football. The NFL fans they do have there are Cowboys faithful.

TicketCity_Team-by-State-Map.jpg

I live here in Norman so don’t need graphics to tell me what people here like.

Cowboys, Chiefs and Broncos fans all exist in this area.

27 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

The Chargers are playing in 30,000 seat stadium for 3 years.  Sam Boyd is not an option because it is not up-to-date to handle the media from meeting rooms to actual wiring to run the NFL.  The locker rooms are worse than some high schools.  It is barely able to house UNLV football.  It is why the Las Vegas Stadium, though shared with the Raiders, is nothing but a plus for UNLV.

Fair point. But, in defense, nobody goes to NFL games in LA. 😜

So staying another year in Oakland is not an option?  

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I call complete BS on that chart. No way are the Bills the most popular team in New York State. Nor are the Pirates in PA, for that matter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

That map's validity is highly suspect.

I'd wager Dallas has a larger target fan-base in Idaho than the Seafags..

Who really likes Seattle that isn't a total toolbag?  I do know my local Fox affiliate likes to broadcast their shitty games in my area, so thank god NFL Sunday ticket is always free - when you threaten to cancel...  I doubt I've paid for Sunday ticket more than twice in 10 years..

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Hoser said:

So staying another year in Oakland is not an option?   

I'm pretty sure the organization is too much of a piece of shit for something like that to ever happen...

Teams that relocate to chase new stadiums are worse than bush-league, and each one that came to, moved in, or left old Californiway, are utterly disgraceful, woefully shameful franchises, which are unfit to even have any fans, whatsoever..

If I were a Raider, Charger, or Rams fan I'd totally quit the team...

New-Signature.jpg

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

If you live in Norman you need someone to tell you just about everything....

• Haha 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Your mouth is pretty big. How about that possibility? 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

I'm pretty sure the organization is too much of a piece of shit for something like that to ever happen...

Teams that relocate to chase new stadiums are worse than bush-league, and each one that came to, moved in, or left old Californiway, are utterly disgraceful, woefully shameful franchises, which are unfit to even have any fans, whatsoever..

If I were a Raider, Charger, or Rams fan I'd totally quit the team...

Maybe you should quit the model glue.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

I'd wager Dallas has a larger target fan-base in Idaho than the Seafags..

I would very much disagree with this statement. I don't see many Cowboys fans around at all. Pretty much the same as GB/Pitt/Patriots. The other teams (like the Cowboys) that seem to have national fanbases. 

There are loads of Seahawks fans here. Denver Broncos probably a distant second.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, toonkee said:

It's going to be hilarious when they get stuck at Sam Boyd.

This handling of this whole Raiders thing is really one for the ages.  

I think San Diego will take them for a couple of years before that happens.

Why would San Diego pass that up?   They'd get a lot of tourism dollars, and use a stadium that is already being used for SDSU.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I think San Diego will take them for a couple of years before that happens.

Why would San Diego pass that up?   They'd get a lot of tourism dollars, and use a stadium that is already being used for SDSU.

The Raiders in San Diego...will never happen.