BleedRebelRed

Article on the secret meeting at DIA that formed the MWC

On 10/5/2018 at 5:13 PM, mugtang said:

If I can find a way to implement it on the sports forum only I would. 

I thought everyone was joking about this.  You seriously removed  the monkey so that the OT Forum could get along better.  What the hell goes on over there.  This is soft.  

16 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Bad decisions are made everyday at airports, which is why terminals are filled with Chili's and Cinnabons. 

Very true.  Using that line of reasoning, it's somewhat surprising there aren't a few wedding chapels in there.

• Haha 2
Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

1 hour ago, WAC_FAN said:

Yes, let's face it.  We would all stab each other in the back now to improve our position.  That's the world we live in.  Boise did the same.  The only schools with any shred of moral superiority would be USU, SJSU and Hawaii.  And with the possible exception of Hawaii, USU and SJSU weren't given the chance to screw anyone over.

And I do think BYU had a good plan, except for the part where they had to trust Karl Benson (and Fresno) to be a part of the execution.

There is a reason Nevada and Fresno never had to pay a dime to the WAC.  2 presidents from the MW called Fresno that BYU was using the WAC to get into the WCC, So Fresno's president called BYU and asked them to sign the agreement at the 11th hour.  When BYU refused to sign the agreement Nevada and Fresno Bolted.  USU and Benson tried to make Nevada and Fresno look like the villain but the truth is they were swindled by BYU.   

• Like 1

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

1 hour ago, 1IvyDog said:

There is a reason Nevada and Fresno never had to pay a dime to the WAC.  2 presidents from the MW called Fresno that BYU was using the WAC to get into the WCC, So Fresno's president called BYU and asked them to sign the agreement at the 11th hour.  When BYU refused to sign the agreement Nevada and Fresno Bolted.  USU and Benson tried to make Nevada and Fresno look like the villain but the truth is they were swindled by BYU.   

I thought you both paid a million each to go to the MWC?

Everyone has their opinion on what went down.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg