NorthWestCowboy

OT: The Puck Drops Tonight on the 101st NHL Season!

I'm looking forward to this season more than any in recent years.  As parity continues to grow in the NHL it gets harder each year to predict how the season will play out.

Will this be the season Lord Stanley's Cup finally moves back north of the border for the first time since 1993?  Winnipeg looks strong with Toronto and Calgary capable of playoff runs.

Will Cinderella's slipper still fit the Golden Knights or will last season become a cherished but increasingly distant memory for Vegas fans?

With the addition of John Tavares will Toronto finally make a deep run in the playoffs?

Will the best player in the world, Conor McDavid again be sitting at home during the playoffs?

My way too early Stanley Cup finals prediction is Tampa Bay vs Winnipeg with the Jets doing Canada proud and returning the cup to it's native land.

I'm excited to have hockey back, especially since the Coyotes have a lot of young raw talent on the squad. They made a run in the second half of last season, and I'm hoping that they can continue it this year.

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

TY!

We totally deserve it but in all sincerity the Knights are sincerely loved.  Haven't seen this type of thing since Tark Rebels.  Very similar.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

I thought last year was the 100th NHL season.   Did VGK miss the 101th season?  Total newbies.....

You're correct, it's the 102nd year of NHL operation but the 101st season of play.  I edited the OP title to reflect this.

12 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

The ONLY thing you need for the 2018 NHL season 

image.png Image result for VGK

Meh, maybe that's all you need if you live in the desert and the only ice you've ever touched was in a cocktail drink.  Real hockey fans know all that's needed is.............

Related imageImage result for minnesota Wild logoImage result for minnesota Wild logo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Meh, maybe that's all you need if you live in the desert and the only ice you've ever touched was in a cocktail drink.  Real hockey fans know all that's needed is.............