crixus

Sick Of You

From the best band to ever come out of Sacramento, IMHO. :rock:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They definitely were the best band to come out of Sac. Not that there's a lot of competition, but Cake was pretty good. 

Were? They're still around and will be doing a UK tour in January. https://www.cakemusic.com/

• Like 1

wasn't 7 Seconds from Sac? If Cake is the best band to come from there, we should light that city on fire. Far is better than Cake, and that band was for teenage girls. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Aren't the Deftones from there? They suck ass. Definitely sub-cake.

Ugh, yes. Chino Moreno's girlfriend or wife or whatever used to always annoy everyone at my favorite bars when I lived there.

God, Sacramento sucks for producing Music. I saw a lot of great music when I was there, but almost always bands coming through town. 

• Like 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Wait, I forgot there's some connection to The Cramps with Sacramento.

As much as I hated Cake when I was younger, I've softened on them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

As much as I hated Cake when I was younger, I've softened on them. 

I saw Cake in Santa Clara many moons ago. It was a great show. The audience sang along to every song, not just the hits. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

They definitely were the best band to come out of Sac. Not that there's a lot of competition, but Cake was pretty good. 

14 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

wasn't 7 Seconds from Sac? If Cake is the best band to come from there, we should light that city on fire. Far is better than Cake, and that band was for teenage girls. 

I never liked them, but I saw them live a couple of years ago because Built to Spill opened for them. Cake was not great in any context, but what made it worse was that Built to Spill (the pride of Boise!) was lightyears better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Something about an infinite landscape of strip malls and chain restaurants must really sap the creative spirit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump was the same way before he ran for president. There are a lot of politicians that think like Trump, but won’t say what they are thinking. He doesn’t have a filter. He tells you exactly what is on his mind. He is not a phony like many politicians that say one thing in public and something else in private. 

DJ Shadow was from the Sac area, so there's a legit talent. 

And to all you Sac haters, that town was great when I was kicking around from 2001-2006. Of course, It all went down hill when I left. Lots of cool people and places, lots of good energy. Lots of great music coming through. But for whatever reason, never produced much great music. 

I have nothing bad to say about Sac. Except the Deftones came from there. Yuck.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It's not even close. Look at this list of summer school valedictorians: https://www.ranker.com/list/sacramento-bands-and-musical-artists-from-here/reference.

Ooooooh shit, I forgot about Brotha Lynch Hung. 

Re-calibrating....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

DJ Shadow was from the Sac area, so there's a legit talent. 

And to all you Sac haters, that town was great when I was kicking around from 2001-2006. Of course, It all went down hill when I left. Lots of cool people and places, lots of good energy. Lots of great music coming through. But for whatever reason, never produced much great music. 

I have nothing to say about Sac. Except the Deftones came from there. Yuck.

God, the Deftones suck so much. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The Central Valley is a cultural wasteland. 

You just got to open up your mind, man.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Jesus. That's awful. 

Like just god awful really. I can't say I'm terribly surprised though. The Central Valley is a cultural wasteland. 

I'd make fun, but Vegas isn't exactly 1990 Seattle. The best thing I can say about growing up in Vegas in the 80s and early 90s is that I got to see a ton of great bands from other places come through town. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

I'd make fun, but Vegas isn't exactly 1990 Seattle. The best thing I can say about growing up in Vegas in the 80s and early 90s is that I got to see a ton of great bands from other places come through town. 

Nah, Joe has been too busy getting his d*ck wet whenever he's been out here to go looking for the interesting stuff. The valley is one of the most interesting places around. You just have to dig through all the MMA fighters and truck nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2