crixus

MLB Playoffs

The Astros beat the Indians today 11-3, and take the series 3-0. 

See the source image

Dodgers @ Braves - Game 4

Braves starter Foltynewicz pulled in the 4th inning. Dodgers Machado fielding error loads bases for the Braves in the 5th, Hill is pulled for Madson. Atlanta leads 2-1.

Two run single by Freese gives the Dodgers a 3-2 lead midway through the 6th inning.

Machado makes up for his error with a 3 run homer. Dodgers lead 6-2 in the top half of the 7th. 

26 minutes ago, crixus said:

Machado makes up for his error with a 3 run homer. Dodgers lead 6-2 in the top half of the 7th. 

When it first left his bat, I thought he was gonna hook it foul.  :o

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, crixus said:

In the post game interview on Access SportsNet Dodgers which I'm watching a replay of now, Walker Buehler said that the pressure got to him and he lost his focus in the second inning and gave up 5 runs. So yes, I have been paying attention to my Dodgers. I didn't say that Buehler wasn't a great pitcher and the future of the Dodgers. All I said was that he didn't have any playoff experience going into that game, and that Rich Hill has been through the playoffs before. You may not have liked Hill in Boston, but he's done a pretty good job as a Dodger. He's no Sandy Koufax, but he is 26-15 with the LAD.png. And in Hill's last start against Atlanta he threw a shut out for the 7 innings he pitched.

I wouldn’t  hang onto his words too much. Most every pitcher has a game where they “lose focus.” He looked pretty poised in game 163 for you, which is every bit of a playoff game. Buehler is going to get you to the promised land. I wouldn’t have  that kind of faith in Hill. He’s .500 with an ERA in the mid sixes in the post season. 

Anyways- I digress. Best of luck with To you  guys. I think the Dodgers will make the WS.

32 minutes ago, babigos said:

I wouldn’t  hang onto his words too much. Most every pitcher has a game where they “lose focus.” He looked pretty poised in game 163 for you, which is every bit of a playoff game. Buehler is going to get you to the promised land. I wouldn’t have  that kind of faith in Hill. He’s .500 with an ERA in the mid sixes in the post season. 

Anyways- I digress. Best of luck with To you  guys. I think the Dodgers will make the WS.

That's what I like about Walker Buehler, he's incredibly honest. It's refreshing in this era of egomaniacs. He's a great pitcher and will hopefully be a Dodger for a long time. B)

• Like 1

Maeda (barely) survives the 8th in relief for LA. It's still 6-2, Dodgers.

Jansen shuts down the Braves in the bottom of the 9th. Dodgers win 6-2, and take the NLDS 3 games to 1. LA is movin' on to play Milwaukee in the NLCS. :cheer:

17 minutes ago, crixus said:

Jansen shuts down the Braves in the bottom of the 9th. Dodgers win 6-2, and take the NLDS 3 games to 1. LA is movin' on to play Milwaukee in the NLCS. :cheer:

Jansen looks like he's regained a little velocity.  A welcome sight for sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crixus said:

The Astros beat the Indians today 11-3, and take the series 3-0. 

See the source image

I'm disappointed.  Former UCSB ace Shane Bieber was Cleveland's 5th starter in their rotation for the second half of the year.  He would have likely started game 4 of this series but because Cleveland got swept he didn't make an appearance at all in the postseason.

See the source image 

LMAO!

The Yankees have chosen Bucky Dent to throw out the first pitch for Tuesday night's Game 4.

Yankees trying to bring back some 1978 mojo, 40 years later: Bucky Dent throwing out the first pitch tonight.

— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) October 9, 2018

Dent, most known for his home run in a tie-breaker game vs the Red Sox in 1978, threw out the first pitch before Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS, and we all know how that went for New York. . .

Nonetheless, the Yankees seem to be hoping for that 1978 luck to carry over into their do-or-die Game 4.

• Haha 1

cerified_Subarus.jpg