crixus

MLB Playoffs

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

GO ROCKIES!

Congrats bud.  That was a hell of a game.  Especially on three nights in three towns.

I dont understand the rockies, i thought you guys were done when Puig blasted that 3 run homer for the sweep.  But then you guys didnt lose after that.

Until you came back to chavez.

I honestly blame Maddon for this idiocy. He takes Lester out of the game when he's dealing fire to the Rockies. Then he pinch hits with Jason +++++ing Heyward instead of Schwarber with the +++++ing bases loaded. Then when Hamels is throwing fire, he takes him out of the game as well. He nearly managed his way out of a World Series win in 2016, and he sure as +++++ overmanaged his way out of any +++++ing chance of winning this game. Then we have Chili +++++ing Davis, who must have been the worst +++++ing hitting coach in all of basebal this year. 40 +++++ing games scoring 0 or 1 runs? C'mon, that's +++++ing bullshit and nowhere close to acceptable for a playoff team. Theo needs to make some serious personnel changes heading into next season, or we're headed for more of the same +++++ing bullshit.

17 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Congrats bud.  That was a hell of a game.  Especially on three nights in three towns.

I dont understand the rockies, i thought you guys were done when Puig blasted that 3 run homer for the sweep.  But then you guys didnt lose after that.

Until you came back to chavez.

They got hot that last week winning 9 out of 10.  Helped that it was with teams out of contention.  Really should have done better yesterday, but they couldn't get anything going offensively.  Had several slumps like that this year at really poor times....

25 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Why the +++++ did I stay up until 1am to watch this +++++ing bullshit.

Because that's what fans do. And it's October baseball.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

They got hot that last week winning 9 out of 10.  Helped that it was with teams out of contention.  Really should have done better yesterday, but they couldn't get anything going offensively.  Had several slumps like that this year at really poor times....

The rockies will give the brewers all they can handle.  

Tell ya what retro, I'm sure Dave Roberts would have also pinch hit for Lester and certainly for Hamels with the winning run in scoring position in extra innings.  He'd have likely called on Schwarber with the bases loaded, though.  

5 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Tell ya what retro, I'm sure Dave Roberts would have also pinch hit for Lester and certainly for Hamels with the winning run in scoring position in extra innings.  He'd have likely called on Schwarber with the bases loaded, though.  

My main issue is that Joe has made baffling moves for the last two years. He's completely mismanaged the bullpen for the most part, and his pinch hitting decisions tend to be even more baffling. Schwarber is the most patient hitter on the team, while Heyward swings at more pitches out of the zone than anyone but Javy, and then he +++++ing gets out of the way of two balls that would have hit him and scored a run. Theo, for how good he tends to be in a lot of personnel decisions, has made a lot of mistakes... the Heyward contract, now the Darvish and Chatwood contracts, which are going to hamstring us in getting players that will make us better. 

Also, playing 42 games in 43 days because of +++++ing rainouts at the beginning of the season didn't help us either, especially down the stretch when we were playing good teams and the Brewers were feasting off of trash. Even if we had made it out of that game, there was almost no way that we'd make it past the NLCS if we were to get there... the team was just too banged up and mentally exhausted.

10 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Dave Roberts, the guy who went with slumping Yu Darvish in game 7 of the World Series when everybody and their Mother told him it would blow up in his face...and it did. Even the Dodgers radio play by play announcer Charlie Steiner said it was a bad idea. Dave Roberts...ugh. :idiot:

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

My main issue is that Joe has made baffling moves for the last two years. He's completely mismanaged the bullpen for the most part, and his pinch hitting decisions tend to be even more baffling. Schwarber is the most patient hitter on the team, while Heyward swings at more pitches out of the zone than anyone but Javy, and then he +++++ing gets out of the way of two balls that would have hit him and scored a run. Theo, for how good he tends to be in a lot of personnel decisions, has made a lot of mistakes... the Heyward contract, now the Darvish and Chatwood contracts, which are going to hamstring us in getting players that will make us better. 

Also, playing 42 games in 43 days because of +++++ing rainouts at the beginning of the season didn't help us either, especially down the stretch when we were playing good teams and the Brewers were feasting off of trash. Even if we had made it out of that game, there was almost no way that we'd make it past the NLCS if we were to get there... the team was just too banged up and mentally exhausted.

The last part is key. I think this team was drained. However, the offense was such a up or down thing. It was crazy. They tied(the Orioles) for the most games wit h1 or 0 runs but also lead the majors in most games over 10(I think 10, some high number) runs scored.

I'm actually not super disappointed because I didn't see any way the cubs would have beaten the Brewers in the next  series.