crixus

MLB Playoffs

I wasn't going to post any comments about today's game because Dave Roberts ineptness choked the life out of me last night.

But I must congratulate the Red Sox on winning the World Series. David Price better be the MVP because he definitely deserves it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

I truly think Boston is the best team in the MLB this year!

Boston and Houston are the top two teams. I wasn’t confident that the Red Sox were going to get past the Astros. Was surprised they finished them off in 5.

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Boston and Houston are the top two teams. I wasn’t confident that the Red Sox were going to get past the Astros. Was surprised they finished them off in 5.

Well, if this game continues as is, Boston will be the best team in MLB. 

• Like 1

down in a hole.jpg

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Congrats to Boston. They had a great year winning 108 games and losing only two games in the playoffs and World Series. Now the Patriots and Celtics need to win championships to make it a trifecta. 

Don't forget the Bruins. The NHL is very popular in Boston. 

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Any guesses on MVP? I’m thinking Price, Pearce, or Eovaldi.

David Price.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@babigos — congratulations buddy! Wicked Pissah! 

And @crixus — I know I flipped you some shit but it was all in fun. The Dodgers are a good team and you’re a good fan. 

No problem. I'm a little surprised that Pearce won the MVP, I thought for sure that Price would get it. Yes, I do love my Dodgers. I've been a fan since I was 9 years old. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Lol “Yankees Suck” chant at Dodger Stadium by the Red Sox fans!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Boston has steam rolled thru the division, the playoffs, and now the World Series. The Dodgers will be back if they reinforce their bull pen. Their starting pitching even if Kershaw opts out will still be fine. Bueller and Urias are both future stars. Ryu, Mieta, Woods, Stripling, and Hill are all capable of ten to fifteen wins. The on field lineup will return Seager and is still relatively young. I’m not sure what to think about Machado. He has not hit in the clutch, but that may be an aberration. My gut tells me they won’t resign him for the big salary he will demand. 

The Dodgers rotation is mostly set. You might add Caleb Ferguson to that soon.  Ryu is a free agent and coincidentally, so is Eovaldi.

Amongst position players, Dozier and Grandal are FAs along with Machado.  The Dodgers have an option on Freese for 2019. I would be cool with him coming back.

A glut of outfielders. Puig, Pederson, Kike Hernandez can play everywhere and what do ya do with Bellinger - 1st base, outfield or keep doing both?

Or CT3, Chris Taylor whose defense is superb and who can mash but also led the NL in strikeouts ? A couple youngsters are waiting in the minors, Andrew Toles and Alex Verdugo.

Then there's Matt Kemp.  From being an intended salary dump and no shot of making the roster to an All Star and the National League comeback Player of the Year.  Can't cut him loose after a renaissance in 2018, can ya?

plenty of questions to go around this offseason.  And the biggest one of all (imo) - can the front office and Dave Roberts operate on more than just analytics?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Agree. Once we steam rolled through the Yankees and Astros, I knew it was ours for the taking. 119 wins, baby!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, crixus said:

No problem. I'm a little surprised that Pearce won the MVP, I thought for sure that Price would get it. Yes, I do love my Dodgers. I've been a fan since I was 9 years old. 

Pearce, Price or Evoldi all could of easily won it. Eovaldi was probably the favorite, up until Pearce just went out and continued to Mash.

• Like 2