lawofthejunglenv

Nevada vs Fresno St

9 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Nevada kicked the shit out of us in the mid nineties, I didn't remember that to be honest.

http://www.winsipedia.com/nevada/vs/fresno-state

I don't dislike Reno, but I do expect us to beat them pretty much every time.  Which the link shows isn't the case, so I guess my expectations aren't in line with reality.  Fresno has better tradition, better facilities, better players, they should beat Reno.  Not every time, but at least 3/4 of the time, and probably more.

Reno is a bunch of overachievers.  Makes me want to squash them.

I'm not worried about the Bulldogs overlooking Reno.  But Fresno isn't a juggernaut.  They are a sound, well coached, veteran team.  But not nearly as talented as some of Pat Hills teams.  If they let Reno hang around in the first half, and turn the ball over a couple times in the second half, they'll lose.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to read a graph.

Post Korean war era, Fresno beats Reno about 3 out of 4 times, which is kind of in line with what I would expect.

13 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Nevada kicked the shit out of us in the mid nineties, I didn't remember that to be honest.

http://www.winsipedia.com/nevada/vs/fresno-state

I don't dislike Reno, but I do expect us to beat them pretty much every time.  Which the link shows isn't the case, so I guess my expectations aren't in line with reality.  Fresno has better tradition, better facilities, better players, they should beat Reno.  Not every time, but at least 3/4 of the time, and probably more.

Reno is a bunch of overachievers.  Makes me want to squash them.

I'm not worried about the Bulldogs overlooking Reno.  But Fresno isn't a juggernaut.  They are a sound, well coached, veteran team.  But not nearly as talented as some of Pat Hills teams.  If they let Reno hang around in the first half, and turn the ball over a couple times in the second half, they'll lose.

I think we got our faceplant /hangover game of the year out of the way against minnesota.   Both of the following games followed pretty much the same formula...punch, take the rally, counterpunch. viciously.

• Like 1

Fresno better roll, or I'm gonna be pissed...

It'd be really nice to beat a ranked Fresno....

I'd bet we can even make David Carr cry in his room again if we beat them badly enough.  Just reveling in the possibility of replaying the same end-of-year sequence as last year - that's some good old fashioned Boise/Fresno football, boy....

3/4 delicious season-ending games against Fres-neck - on the Blue....

Pure bliss:

rainbow-landskape.jpg

New-Signature.jpg

7 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I think we got our faceplant /hangover game of the year out of the way against minnesota.   Both of the following games followed pretty much the same formula...punch, take the rally, counterpunch. viciously.

thats actually a pretty apt summary.  This team has an attitude we havent seen in a while.  They hit hard.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

10 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Good post. we should worry about that, instead of, you know, enjoying a year when we have nine seniors. 

Go on ahead and enjoy. It'll be awhile before the next decent season. 

Oh, and we'll curb stomp you again. That will be enjoyable too.

Remember who your daddy is.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

12 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Go on ahead and enjoy. It'll be awhile before the next decent season. 

Oh, and we'll curb stomp you again. That will be enjoyable too.

Remember who your daddy is.

You crack me up. This is the best you can do? You seem so angry! 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

You crack me up. This is the best you can do? You seem so angry! 

Amused is more like it. It'll be fun to watch the train wreck.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

25 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Amused is more like it. It'll be fun to watch the train wreck.

The trainwreck? You mean a step back after a great season with a bunch of seniors? Oh, the horror!

Such an angry little feller. 

9 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Nevermind, I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to read a graph.

Post Korean war era, Fresno beats Reno about 3 out of 4 times, which is kind of in line with what I would expect.

Fresno lead the series 12-9 since both schools were D1.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/play-index/rivals.cgi?request=1&school_id=nevada&opp_id=fresno-state

• Like 1

Rain Saturday night?

------------------------

After that it’s pretty much done,” LaGuardia said. “We kind of get a little break on Thursday, and there’s another storm system coming in over the weekend.”

The next storm system will likely hit Saturday morning and last through Sunday morning, LaGuardia said.

“It’s moving winds with much colder temperatures,” he said.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Rain Saturday night?

------------------------

After that it’s pretty much done,” LaGuardia said. “We kind of get a little break on Thursday, and there’s another storm system coming in over the weekend.”

The next storm system will likely hit Saturday morning and last through Sunday morning, LaGuardia said.

“It’s moving winds with much colder temperatures,” he said.

I just looked at weather.com and it says high of 64 low of 43 partly cloudy. 

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Is 58 really the over/under? Some days I still wished I lived in Nevada.

Well I figure Fresno will probably score at least in the 40s, maybe more. Then I’m sure Nevada will be scoring some points as well.

5 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Well I figure Fresno will probably score at least in the 40s, maybe more. Then I’m sure Nevada will be scoring some points as well.

That's what I was thinking. Nevada's offense will put up points, particularly at home. They'll give up a ton, too. Take the over.

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That's what I was thinking. Nevada's offense will put up points, particularly at home. They'll give up a ton, too. Take the over.

That's what I'm leaning towards. How does Nevada's offense look without their starting QB?

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg