lawofthejunglenv

Nevada vs Fresno St

29 minutes ago, lawofthejunglenv said:

Nevada got some potentially bad news about Ty Gangi today. He may be out for the game. Some preview articles and the Nevada presser are up.

Game Day Page

Fresno is going to curb stomp us with or without Gangi.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Fresno is going to curb stomp us with or without Gangi.

It's still a conference road game. Fresno is capable of playing down to the competition. I hate that you've already written off the game as a sure blowout. The line is only -12 Fresno... Oddsmakers think perhaps the game will be closer than what it appears on paper.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

15 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Fresno fans have really gotten cocky after 1 1/4 seasons of playing good football. Is that a record??

I think that you're being a bit sensitive. ~75% of the comments referring to a one-way game on this thread were made by Nevada fans. 

It's clear that the bulldogs D is vastly improved, and that the offense has taken a step forward. Nevada has a good offense but a lot of questions on D. 

I expect a test from Nevada's DL, but I don't think the Pack scores a ton of points on the defense, though I'm intrigued by Taua. Gangi is gimpy at best based on what I'm seeing. The Bulldog LBs and DBs are really good. It could be a close game if Nevada forces some mistakes with its disruptive D and a relatively healthy Gangi and Taua eat up the clock, but it could also be a drubbing if McMariyon (10 TDs over the past two games) and the running game are on point. It's hard for me to imagine Nevada blowing Fresno State out at this point. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Fresno fans have really gotten cocky after 1 1/4 seasons of playing good football. Is that a record??

it's hard not to be cocky given the confluence of results to look at.  Fresno slapped nevada around pretty hard last year + roughed up toledo last week, and the pack couldn't keep the rockets in check. i'm not invoking the wrath of MWC board juju on this team anymore but i can understand the chest-beating on our homer board.

2 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

I think that you're being a bit sensitive. ~75% of the comments referring to a one-way game on this thread were made by Nevada fans. 

It's clear that the bulldogs D is vastly improved, and that the offense has taken a step forward. Nevada has a good offense but a lot of questions on D. 

I expect a test from Nevada's DL, but I don't think the Pack scores a ton of points on the defense, though I'm intrigued by Taua. Gangi is gimpy at best based on what I'm seeing. The Bulldog LBs and DBs are really good. It could be a close game if Nevada forces some mistakes with its disruptive D and a relatively healthy Gangi and Taua eat up the clock, but it could also be a drubbing if McMariyon (10 TDs over the past two games) and the running game are on point. It's hard for me to imagine Nevada blowing Fresno State out at this point. 

I'm reading the Barkboard right now. I've counted a handful of dudes who are bragging about how the Fresno D is going to knockout Gangi out of the game and whoever the backup is too. It's a regular old Blue Turf Board! Congrats

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

it's hard not to be cocky given the confluence of results to look at.  Fresno slapped nevada around pretty hard last year + roughed up toledo last week, and the pack couldn't keep the rockets in check. i'm not invoking the wrath of MWC board juju on this team anymore but i can understand the chest-beating on our homer board.

Many of those posters insisted we'd win every game even when we were losing games by 25+ with regularity. It's a Fresno pride thing. 

1 minute ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

It's easy not to be cocky actually. We are fans and we don't suit up on game days. Let the players be cocky.

1 minute ago, JADogs05 said:

Many of those posters insisted we'd win every game even when we were losing games by 25+ with regularity. It's a Fresno pride thing. 

Fair enough.