fanhood

SDSU's entire starting backfield is out for the game against Boise

ALL of the better teams in this conference can lose to another good team, if the breaks go against them, and they play poorly. I don't think Harsin would run up the score maybe if we scored 35 or so.. Frankly, we always play like carp after a bye. I don't see this as close.I think 2019 is our year never did think this year is. I still expect it to be decided by the third quarter. SDSU is not producing turnovers with Washington oy its kick return threat is gone. Just hope to go 6-2 in conference and A bowl win.

• Like 1

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

On 10/2/2018 at 11:28 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

My pessimism is high, but will still be there.  Perhaps we can find some wrinkles and overcome the injury bug and that BSU pass game.

Would be interesting if BSU changes the defensive strategy in light of a possible weaker ground game.

Boise fighting injuries, as well. Likely will be without (or limited) three All MW players on the defense (Moa, Horton, Frazier) and their best WR has so only played a few snaps all season. 

56 minutes ago, steveem said:

ALL of the better teams in this conference can lose to another good team, if the breaks go against them, and they play poorly. I don't think Harsin would run up the score maybe if we scored 35 or so.. Frankly, we always play like carp after a bye. I don't see this as close.I think 2019 is our year never did think this year is. I still expect it to be decided by the third quarter. SDSU is not producing turnovers with Washington oy its kick return threat is gone. Just hope to go 6-2 in conference and A bowl win.

We are horrible against deep vertical routes and don't get much pressure up front, our offense will struggle to score more than 21-24 points, and our entire backfield is backups...we'll be lucky to keep this within a TD. 

47 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise fighting injuries, as well. Likely will be without (or limited) three All MW players on the defense (Moa, Horton, Frazier) and their best WR has so only played a few snaps all season. 

just call 4 verts each play 

On 10/2/2018 at 8:13 PM, GoCoAztec said:

I like our chances.  Nothing is more fun than beating BSU on the blue, and our guys know it.  Fresno’s history let’s the donks live in their heads, but we don’t have those issues.  

And I think that we will run over the mighty blue burros for 200+ yards.  Nothing new or fancy - just good old fashioned smash mouth.  Rypien should have an excellent view of the game from the sidelines.  

The Heisman for Jasmin movement starts Saturday. 😎

Go Aztecs!

No player on the Aztec team knows what it's like to beat Boise on the Blue... he||, none knows what it's like to beat Boise anywhere.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2018 at 3:39 PM, roughrider said:

Sure hope Moa and Horton are back soon.  Their absence is obvious. 

Frazier was in street clothes for the 2nd half at Wyoming too. That could possibly be three All Conference players on defense out for the game.

7 hours ago, fanhood said:

Wow. Dumb. You'll be lucky to hit 27, but that may be good enough to win.

SDSU has given up 20+ to all of their FBS opponents... and none of those opponents have great scoring offenses. 50 sounds high, but 27 would be low. SDSU is holding FBS opponents to 4 ppg under their season average. Boise is averaging 44 ppg. They should be able to get to the 30's.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:47 AM, fanhood said:

I would not be surprised if the Aztec D knocks Rypien out of the game, as well. That Boise O-Line is porous. 

Still, I am concerned about this one. Not willing to make a prediction at this time.

You're obviously basing that solely on one game. Outside of the OSU game, Boise has given up three total sacks in the other three games. Even with the seven sack game OSU put up, Boise has given up less sacks than SDSU... and on the flip side Boise has recorded almost twice as many sacks as SDSU. By the way, OSU leads the country in sacks with five more than the 2nd place team. 

Boise is 9th in the country in sacks per game while SDSU is 101st in sacks per game allowed. You may desperately want to see that happen, but based on what the two teams have done so far this year, it is unlikely... and the exact opposite of what you want to see happen is tremendously more likely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So ESPN is showing BSU a thing about game times.  You want an afternoon game you get put on the lowest channel that nobody subscribes too.  If you want on the  main channel you get put at a time  when 3/4 of the country is done watching football and heading to bed or out to party.

Let this be a lesson to you BSU.  Either way, you are screwed with your own package and incidentally take the teams playing at Boise down with you.

Can’t wait for the TV deal to be over with.  Next one needs to be fan friendly.

• Facepalm 1