tailingpermit

Boise State vs Wyoming Game Thread

37 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Bald Howdy Doody.

Next week: flipping off the other teams bench.  

• Like 1

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

15 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

anim_horse.gif

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

10 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Coach Bohl says the game plan to beat Boise was to force some turnovers and do good at punting? WTF, how about at least having a pulse on offense? Just once it'd be nice to hear him call out the offense for underperforming. That's why I'm afraid we'll never see him get rid of his OC...

No Coach will ever publicly call out their own staff, and they very rarely will publicly criticize their own team. It is stupid to expect this as a fan.   I will never understand why disappointed  fans want a heartfelt tearful apology from their coach  because they will never give one. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

No Coach will ever publicly call out their own staff, and they very rarely will publicly criticize their own team. It is stupid to expect this as a fan.   I will never understand why disappointed  fans want a heartfelt tearful apology from their coach  because they will never give one. 

I hear ya, but he did criticize pieces of his team, including the better group of players out there tonight. I would feel a lot better about our team and future if he said something like "we weren't able to make enough plays on offense/set the tone on offense/etc." instead of calling out the defense for not forcing multiple turnovers

Congrats Boise.  I'm looking forward to watching y'all square off vs USU as these 2 teams are the only ones worth a lick in the Mtn division.

Air Force (1-3), Colorado State (1-4), New Mexico (2-2) and Wyoming (2-3) collectively are 6-12 and are as bad as a group as I can remember them ever being in the same season.  I've seen nothing from my Cowboys to make me feel optimistic about them winning another game this season.

My only hope to salvage this season is that my two other alma maters, Nebraska and Oregon State can manage to win some games.....of wait, never mind :suicide:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wyoming’s offense is one of the most conservative in college football. There is very little variation in what they do. Run the ball and rollout passes to the TE pretty much summarizes it. I think it is a big part of Bohls philosophy. Take few risks and take care of the ball on offense and try and get turnovers with a strong defense. 

35 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Congrats Boise.  I'm looking forward to watching y'all square off vs USU as these 2 teams are the only ones worth a lick in the Mtn division.

Air Force (1-3), Colorado State (1-4), New Mexico (2-2) and Wyoming (2-3) collectively are 6-12 and are as bad as a group as I can remember them ever being in the same season.  I've seen nothing from my Cowboys to make me feel optimistic about them winning another game this season.

My only hope to salvage this season is that my two other alma maters, Nebraska and Oregon State can manage to win some games.....of wait, never mind :suicide:

Holy catfish, Nebraska, Ore St, & Wyo, you've hit a trifecta this year.

Go Pokes!

29 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wyoming’s offense is one of the most conservative in college football. There is very little variation in what they do. Run the ball and rollout passes to the TE pretty much summarizes it. I think it is a big part of Bohls philosophy. Take few risks and take care of the ball on offense and try and get turnovers with a strong defense. 

Which works when you can just out-talent/athlete everyone like he did at NDSU.

it doesn't work at Wyoming because most of the team's on their schedule have more talent than them. 

It just boggles my mind that Bohl sticks to an offense that requires brute strength to overcome your opponents when he doesn't have those kind's of players on his roster.

Why doesn't he use an offense that will help Wyoming overcome their talent deficiencies!?!?... instead of one that exposes those them...

1 hour ago, Fe34Iife said:

it doesn't work at Wyoming because most of the team's on their schedule have more talent than them. 

It just boggles my mind that Bohl sticks to an offense that requires brute strength to overcome your opponents when he doesn't have those kind's of players on his roster.

Why doesn't he use an offense that will help Wyoming overcome their talent deficiencies!?!?... instead of one that exposes those them...

Aka Norm Chow

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Fe34Iife said:

I still believe Bohl is a huge asset and good coach. I'm not ready to throw him overboard. His QB will hopefully develop. It just sucks that his defense gets the shaft. 

Boise is the class of the Mountain West and it is not close.  Looking at the program from the game -the entire two deep offensive line are all red shirts, no other team in this conference can afford to do that. Wyoming is starting two true sophmores and a redshirt freshman (we have two redhirts in our top ten lineman).  Combine that with our vanilla play calling and you saw a beat down by Boise that was much worse than the final score.  Wyoming's defense has not lived up to the hype, especially our so called "NFL" players.

I am a ride and die Cowboy fan till the end but it is hard and frustrating right now.  Again, congrats to Boise, You are carrying the MW flag the rest of this season.

16 hours ago, Fe34Iife said:

my biggest disappointment with Bohl has to be the recruiting.  Especially on the offensive side, the receivers, running backs and linemen he's recruited are basically average FCS caliber.  No real playmakers at all on this team.  His best receiver is probably Conway who only is on the team due to the basketball coach.  Vander Waal is a capable QB but you can't put the team on the back of a freshmen QB without an offensive line or running game.  Evans did have a couple good runs but overall the running game has been abysmal.  Vigen has been lousy at OC, but he also cannot really call many quality plays because of all the breakdowns.   

I don't think Wyoming would be able to get a much better coach than Bohl, but Bohl is basically looking like Joe Glenn 2.0.   Although Wyoming has actually had several outstanding college football coaches in the past, I just don't see a guy like that on the horizon again.