mugtang

Well, Good Bye Tesla

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

For a smart guy he's a +++++ing moron. 

His "funding secured" tweet was a cut and dry violation of the Securities Laws. You can't just make shit up like that when you're the CEO of a public company. 

Among other things. I'd hate to be the company counsel right now. 

Self inflicted for sure 

• Like 2

"This calculation resulted in a price of $419, and Musk stated that he rounded the price up to $420 because he had recently learned about the number's significance in marijuana culture and thought his girlfriend 'would find it funny, which admittedly is not a great reason to pick a price.'"

:hookah:

I spoke with an acquaintance about the problems at Tesla.  He said the media reports don't jive with what is happening at the facility.  They are expanding production facilities and recently hired 20 more guys to his construction crew.

The guy I spoke with is a crane operator and not someone in management.  But as far as I know, nobody has been laid off a Tesla.

He also told me Elon is a good guy.  He regularly approaches the workers and asks for feedback.  He is apparently a very good listener and genuinely appreciative of the feedback he gets from the workers.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I spoke with an acquaintance about the problems at Tesla.  He said the media reports don't jive with what is happening at the facility.  They are expanding production facilities and recently hired 20 more guys to his construction crew.

They haven’t been around for 15 years and are going to outsell Porsche this year. Their success or failure will be dependent on them ever delivering a cheap (<40k) passenger vehicle with decent range.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

For a smart guy he's a +++++ing moron. 

His "funding secured" tweet was a cut and dry violation of the Securities Laws. You can't just make shit up like that when you're the CEO of a public company. 

Among other things. I'd hate to be the company counsel right now. 

You would definitely earn your paycheck and bonuses.... If there is money for bonus or stock options granted at low point

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

My hunch, the end result will be not as bad as what it looks now. Thinking about the Volkswagen situation, as a corporation, they're getting off a lot easier than I thought they would have. Individual executives and employees who couldn't be proved to be part of the Volkswagen fraud scheme, are going to have hell to pay, but in my opinion the corporations getting off pretty good. As for Tesla, it'll be interesting to see what they do do Elon Musk. I haven't followed this closely, but it looks like it was the sole actions of Musk, and nobody else was in on the tweet.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Good riddance.  From everything I've read about the working conditions and labor practices in his factory, that company needs to take a dirt nap.  And while Musk's antics are probably hastening that day, it was bound to happen sooner rather than later.  Audi is releasing their Tesla Killer (Q6) in the next 12 months, and I'm sure that the other luxury brands will be following close on their heels.  Tesla will be looked at very soon as the Edsel of its day.

• Like 1

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

23 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

My hunch, the end result will be not as bad as what it looks now. Thinking about the Volkswagen situation, as a corporation, they're getting off a lot easier than I thought they would have. Individual executives and employees who couldn't be proved to be part of the Volkswagen fraud scheme, are going to have hell to pay, but in my opinion the corporations getting off pretty good. As for Tesla, it'll be interesting to see what they do do Elon Musk. I haven't followed this closely, but it looks like it was the sole actions of Musk, and nobody else was in on the tweet.

VW was a profitable company with a long established brand.  Tesla is neither of those things, it'll be infinitely harder for them to absorb the hit and remain standing than it was for VW.

• Like 2

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.