TheTedfordTrain

SJSU Loses Crucial Administrator

1 hour ago, Bruininthebay said:

I'm pretty sure Tim Rice is the last guy from the Gene Bleymaier era to leave the athletic department.  The current regime is just getting rid of the old; hard to read much into this.

Tim Rice left SJSU and took a job at SDSU. He left SJSU, not the other way way around. This is the ultimate, “you’re not breaking up with me, I’m breaking up with you” reaction. 

• Like 1

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

These posts are why I don't come around to the sports side of the board much anymore other than the occasional thread check. It's one thing to pile on about how categorically awful SJSU is at football right now. That's a fair and indisputable point. That's cool. Hell, I'm a pretty clever guy... I'd have some fun piling on myself. It's another to delight in administrative squabbles and actively root for the shuttering of athletics on a campus.

Have fun, guys.

Yeah, you’re much better off in the OT board squabbling about much less important matters like the POTUS, gender neutral bathrooms, public education funding, and Kavanaugh. College athletics are just too serious for you. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

Unless SJSU proves they are serious about Fielding a competitive product these threads will continue. I feel bad for SJSU fans, but in the end your school continues to prove they don't give a rat's ass about athletics, therefore the beatings will continue until that fact changes.

It’s concerning how many SJSU posters concentrate on the posters rather than the actual issues at hand. It speaks volumes about their seriousness in actually addressing the administrative futility. I remember taking a few months off from posting these threads that highlight the many problems at SJSU and why they’ll never compete or truly belong in this conference. Then a few weeks later several other posters picked up the slack and started doing the job for me. I even pointed it out to Mug. The problem is SJSU, not the posters, SJSU fans. Get your shit together or get the fuk out. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

It’s concerning how many SJSU posters concentrate on the posters rather than the actual issues at hand. It speaks volumes about their seriousness in actually addressing the administrative futility. I remember taking a few months off from posting these threads that highlight the many problems at SJSU and why they’ll never compete or truly belong in this conference. Then a few weeks later several other posters picked up the slack and started doing the job for me. I even pointed it out to Mug. The problem is SJSU, not the posters, SJSU fans. Get your shit together or get the fuk out. 

Image result for angry gifs

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Extra Mayo said:

This news speaks to SUDS's desperation more than anything else.

"The townies aren't falling for our con job. The local media is on to us. Oh, I know, go get that guy from San José State!"

Do you live in San Diego? Obviously not- you are speaking about something you have no clue about. Maybe this administrator is onto the climate of ineptitude existing in the SJSU athletic department administration or just maybe he left for a better opportunity. 

Hey, keep going guys. Like I said, I never have argued that fans here shouldn't say SJSU needs to get better. But if you want to turn it into an argument where I'm in a position to defend the rights of SJSU athletics to exist, I have better things to do. Then we get into an argument over college athletics, one that you can't win. And I don't think it's appropriate for me to force you to defend the position that college athletics have a right to exist... at least on a message board dedicated to college athletics. That wouldn't be very much fun, now would it?

I don't want to piss on your parade, so have at it! But I do have confidence in the fact that a lot of people on this board believe I make it a better place. I hope you're confident in that too. Just remember where to look if and when people complain about the state of discourse over here.

• Like 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

38 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Hey, keep going guys. Like I said, I never have argued that fans here shouldn't say SJSU needs to get better. But if you want to turn it into an argument where I'm in a position to defend the rights of SJSU athletics to exist, I have better things to do. Then we get into an argument over college athletics, one that you can't win. And I don't think it's appropriate for me to force you to defend the position that college athletics have a right to exist... at least on a message board dedicated to college athletics. That wouldn't be very much fun, now would it?

I don't want to piss on your parade, so have at it! But I do have confidence in the fact that a lot of people on this board believe I make it a better place. I hope you're confident in that too. Just remember where to look if and when people complain about the state of discourse over here.

“He thinks Sharta can get better!!!!????”  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

giphy.gif

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

On 9/26/2018 at 6:49 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

The guy who has been raising all the money for the NEZ project...or sideline project, or whatever it’s called now. He left for SDSU. That project is likely dead now too. Go Broncos! Or Trojans! Or whatever.  

I find the original post in this thread fascinating. Having been a regular reader of this site since 2012, and a (not overly prolific) contributor, I cannot for the life of me remember when the fan of one school took another school to task for their having an Associate Athletics Director depart for a job at another school. In order to do this, our good friend, Tedford Train, had to have been trolling the SJSU message board, looking for some semblance of negativity, with the purpose of immediately running over to this site with claims of disaster and gloom and doom for San Jose State's effort to raise funds for a major improvement project to the school's football stadium. TT couldn't even remember the Associate Athletics Director's name, yet he claimed the individual's departure meant the end of the fund raising effort, as if he had some inside knowledge as to what this all means. The individual's name is Tim Rice, who I know (not well) and have spoken to. I can say that he wants only great things for SJSU athletics, specifically SJSU football, which was his area of concentration. He's a young guy with a family, and was offered a job in a less expensive area, with, in all likelihood, a pay increase. Good for him, He's a hard worker and deserves everything he gets. Lost in all of this is the fact that San Jose State had on it's staff a bright, dedicated, successful athletics administrator who, despite the challenges of trying to raise money for SJSU football, was successful enough that other schools coveted his talents. Tim was not the only person on the Athletic Administration that has been a major factor in the surge of donations/gifts that have been given to the stadium improvement project. Paul Lanning, Vice President for University Advancement and CEO of the Tower Foundation, has been just as instrumental in landing key donations as has Tim Rice. If SJSU is capable of recruiting and hiring an individual of Tim Rice's caliber, there is no reason why they can do so when hiring his replacement. To say the Football Operations Building fundraising effort is somehow now dead in the water because of Tim Rice's departure is extremely premature, if not ludicrous. What bothers me most about the original post in this thread is that, on the one hand, Tedford Train has repeatedly called for SJSU to improve their athletics facilities, yet, on the other hand, seem to take joy in any (minor) setback that may come about in this particular project's fundraising effort. But, maybe that's just what a rival is supposed to do.

• Like 1

Champ Logo.jpg

@Mike Morgan For the record, I want SJSU to either make huge strides or just utterly crash and burn so they can get the fck out. 

What I don’t want is for them to continue to string along this conference with false promises, “minor set-backs”,  and tiny non-factor improvements like a softball field lacking even permanent seats. The “give us time, we’re raising money” act is old and no longer holds any water. We’ve been waiting since 2012 and all we’ve gotten is the aforementioned softball field and some coaches offices that were funded by the state of CA. Time to shit or get off the pot. 

3 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

@Mike Morgan For the record, I want SJSU to either make huge strides or just utterly crash and burn so they can get the fck out. 

What I don’t want is for them to continue to string along this conference with false promises, “minor set-backs”,  and tiny non-factor improvements like a softball field lacking even permanent seats. The “give us time, we’re raising money” act is old and no longer holds any water. We’ve been waiting since 2012 and all we’ve gotten is the aforementioned softball field and some coaches offices that were funded by the state of CA. Time to shit or get off the pot. 

Well, SJSU is not going to "get the fck out", so you better root for them to get their projects funded and implemented. Or, at the very least, worry about Fresno State's own issues with Bulldog Stadium, which needs some major work done to it, of which funding has been an issue as well.

Champ Logo.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Well, SJSU is not going to "get the fck out", so you better root for them to get their projects funded and implemented. Or, at the very least, worry about Fresno State's own issues with Bulldog Stadium, which needs some major work done to it, of which funding has been an issue as well.

Needs a ton of work and they couldn’t raise the funds-had to scrap the whole thing....Evidently it was FS that needed to go after our guy, not SDSU after all. The anger in the thread now makes more sense. And boy Cincy agrees; he love him some lil train.

13 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Big difference being that facility wise, Fresno is already in the upper half or at least on par with the rest of the conference. SJSU’s facilities were a disgrace in the WAC, and even more so in the MWC. Shit, they’d be a disgrace in the Big Sky right now. This conference was conned into extending you an invite. So either you follow through with your promises of major improvements or you just do us all a favor and just drop football. You’re without a doubt closer to folding the program than you are to making major improvements. You suck really bad at it anyways. Aren’t you tired of getting embarrassed every week? 

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Big difference being that facility wise, Fresno is already in the upper half or at least on par with the rest of the conference. SJSU’s facilities were a disgrace in the WAC, and even more so in the MWC. Shit, they’d be a disgrace in the Big Sky right now. This conference was conned into extending you an invite. So either you follow through with your promises of major improvements or you just do us all a favor and just drop football. You’re without a doubt closer to folding the program than you are to making major improvements. You suck really bad at it anyways. Aren’t you tired of getting embarrassed every week? 

Talk about follow through.....get out that tiny glass house, ya dope.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fresnobee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article194595169.html

9 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Talk about follow through.....get out that tiny glass house, ya dope.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fresnobee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article194595169.html

Let’s not get into comparing facilities. You and I both know this is something you won’t get even close to winning. I’ll go ahead and save you the time and embarrassment. You’re about as close to us as we are to Alabama.

You really aren’t very smart, are you? You should learn to know your place and shut the fck up.