TheTedfordTrain

What’s Up With Kawhi?

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It's a reference to the creature in The Shape of Water. It won eight Oscars including Best Picture. I doubt it played in Mormontown though because of all the fish sex. So I'm not surprised you didn't get the reference.

Anyway, I'm suggesting that you are treating Kawhi like a circus freak. 

LMAO....my first thought it was a play on Mermaid

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

Guest #1Stunner
10 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It's a reference to the creature in The Shape of Water. It won eight Oscars including Best Picture. I doubt it played in Mormontown though because of all the fish sex. So I'm not surprised you didn't get the reference.

Anyway, I'm suggesting that you are treating Kawhi like a circus freak. 

Oh, it's from 2017...  I hadn't even heard of the film.  That water film would scare me sh$@less.  I only watch Disney films these days.  I'm big on Disney...real big.  And all those overweight Disney nerd moms are hawwwt.  Yowzer.

Kawhi wasn't even on my radar and I was sort of a fan, since he played in the MWC.  But then gone went full on weird with the Spurs...  He's a very odd dude.  He might have Asperger's.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Oh, it's from 2017...  I hadn't even heard if the film.  That water film would scare me sh$@less.  I only watch Disney films these days.  I'm big on Disney...real big.  And all those overweight Disney nerd moms are hawwwt.  Yowzer.

Kawhi wasn't even in my radar and I was sort of a fan, since he played in the MWC.  But then gone went full on weird with the Spurs...  He's a very odd dude.  He might have Asperger's.

I think socialization is harder for Kawhi than most. I feel sorry for the cat if for no other reason than you can see how uncomfortable he is in the spotlight. Something tells me he'd be happier if NBA games were played late at night in empty HS gyms. 

And I think you're just one qualifier away from officially having a fetish. Maybe up your game to "overweight Disney nerd moms eating vanilla ice cream" or something.

I will admit to making a pit stop on BYUTV whenever one of the old school Herbie movies is is late at night. I think those might have helped fuel the racing bug when I was knee-high. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I think socialization is harder for Kawhi than most. I feel sorry for the cat if for no other reason than you can see how uncomfortable he is in the spotlight. Something tells me he'd be happier if NBA games were played late at night in empty HS gyms. 

And I think you're just one qualifier away from officially having a fetish. Maybe up your game to "overweight Disney nerd moms eating vanilla ice cream" or something.

I will admit to making a pit stop on BYUTV whenever one of the old school Herbie movies is is late at night. I think those might have helped fuel the racing bug when I was knee-high. 

You are probably right about Kawhi.  He's just a bit shy.  Nervous in the spotlight.

Yes, I love the Herbie movies too.

Some of those old school Disney movies from the 60s and 70s (Swiss Family Robinson, Old Yeller, Blackbeard Ghost, etc) are fun for the whole fan damily.  Amazon rentals.

And friend, who doesn't like Ice Cream??? 

Teach a man how to find good ice cream and you've made the world a better place.  (ancient USU Aggies proverb).

32 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You are probably right about Kawhi.  He's just a bit shy.  Nervous in the spotlight.

Yes, I love the Herbie movies too.

Some of those old school Disney movies from the 60s and 70s (Swiss Family Robinson, Old Yeller, Blackbeard Ghost, etc) are fun for the whole fan damily.  Amazon rentals.

And friend, who doesn't like Ice Cream??? 

Teach a man how to find good ice cream and you've made the world a better place.  (ancient USU Aggies proverb).

Our family used to go to the local drive-in to watch those in the '70s. Good times. And far more simple times as well.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

There are some pretty phucking shitty comments about Kawhi made above from a few people I would not have expected it from.

How many of you had to endure having your father murdered when you were 16 right after a major military base which had supplied the lion's share of good jobs in the area was closed by the Department of Defense so that the local economy went into the toilet?

As to Kawhi's uncle, do y'all hate Lonzo Ball just because his father is an asswipe?

Smh . . .

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

There are some pretty phucking shitty comments about Kawhi made above from a few people I would not have expected it from.

How many of you had to endure having your father murdered when you were 16 right after a major military base which had supplied the lion's share of good jobs in the area was closed by the Department of Defense so that the local economy went into the toilet?

As to Kawhi's uncle, do y'all hate Lonzo Ball just because his father is an asswipe?

Smh . . .

Okay, a few things here. 

First off, what happened to Kawhi while he was in high school was tragic, and I can't imagine how difficult it has been for him to not have his dad around. That being said, what does that have to do with him forcing the Spurs to trade him mere months after saying he wanted to be a Spur for the rest of his career? What does that have to do with him checking out from his team when he still had a year left on his contract? It doesn't have anything to do with those two things? It caused a massive upheaval within the team, and forced them to have to trade him somewhere, but nobody was really willing to pay a lot for a guy that had just forced his way off of his team. 

People might bring up Paul George as having done something similar. The difference there is that he was going to play out his last year, Kawhi had let his uncle convince him to just sit out for the entire season. There's a big difference between the two. I have no issues with saying that I'm glad that Kawhi was traded outside of the conference, and it's satisfying to see that he didn't get to automatically go to one of his preferred destinations. People are convinced that he wants to go back to LA, but he's also said that he would go to a team in New York. His uncle wants him to go to a big market. 

Now, that does bring us to his uncle. You bring up Lonzo Ball and his dad. That'd be a fine analogy, if LaVar were starting shit with the Lakers front office. Dennis was trash talking the team, Popovich, and the front office in his scorched earth mission to get Kawhi out of San Antonio. When LaVar does the same thing, then he can be a valid comparison. 

Finally, I don't "hate" Kawhi. I just think that he's allowed his uncle to manipulate him to a large degree, I don't respect the way he's comported himself through all of this, and I'm ultimately annoyed at the issues it caused for my favorite team. I'm a fan, I'm allowed to have those feelings when a player behaves in that fashion. I believe that when you sign a contract, you live up to the terms set out for you in it. You don't get to decide you don't want to be there anymore, and then pout and decide not to play when you don't get your way. The Spurs didn't have to give him his way, and I'm ultimately glad that they didn't. I don't think any of that is "shitty", I think it's pretty valid.

• Like 1