Jump to content
lawofthejunglenv

Nevada (2-2) @ Air Force (1-2)

Recommended Posts

We were unsuccessful when we attempted to spy Toledo’s QB.  I cringe when I think of our defense trying to stop AFA’s option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep, I wouldn't bet on this one either way.

Even if the Flyboys are in a down year they can always  F-up the Pack D with that running attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norvell mentioned they did fall camp sessions specifically on the AF option attack because they knew this was a rare winnable road game. Not sure it will help since defensive morale is low and the Toledo second half likely shattered their confidence. On the positive side, AF is also chitty on defense so good luck stopping Nevada. Take the over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Norvell mentioned they did fall camp sessions specifically on the AF option attack because they knew this was a rare winnable road game. Not sure it will help since defensive morale is low and the Toledo second half likely shattered their confidence. On the positive side, AF is also chitty on defense so good luck stopping Nevada. Take the over!

Over/under on game length: 4 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is interesting is that you switch coaches but yet it seems the speeches remain the same. We heard the same thing from Polian and Ault when referring to AF and every time AF has just ran over us.

But this is traditionally a high scoring affair between the two teams. 

2012 Air Force won 48-31

2013 Nevada won 45-42

2014 Air Force won 45-38

2017 Air Force won 45-42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Over/under on game length: 4 hours.

I'll take the under because Nevada found something with their run game v. Toledo. With Krepsz, they will be able to run the ball and control the clock better than they have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

What is interesting is that you switch coaches but yet it seems the speeches remain the same. We heard the same thing from Polian and Ault when referring to AF and every time AF has just ran over us.

But this is traditionally a high scoring affair between the two teams. 

2012 Air Force won 48-31

2013 Nevada won 45-42

2014 Air Force won 45-38

2017 Air Force won 45-42

The last three games could have gone either way. Evenly matched talent with bad defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

The last three games could have gone either way. Evenly matched talent with bad defenses.

yup and kind of expecting the same on Saturday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the ESPN News coverage is better than it was for Oregon St. They go cheap on those broadcasts so they only use 3 stationary cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, NWRebel said:

Air Force is going to kill them.  

 

On 9/28/2018 at 6:55 AM, Lester_in_reno said:

this guy at Covers,com doesn't like Nev.

 

Sat, Sep 29 4:00 PM ET
 

Nevada Free Picks
freepicks_at.jpg
Air Force Free Picks
 

Pick: AFA

 

On 9/28/2018 at 7:55 AM, Bob said:

Falcons by 2 TDs in a high-scoring affair 

Yeah, I don't like the Wolf Pack's chances either but surprisingly, all the money has come on Nevada. Line is down to Air Force -3.5.:shrug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, NWRebel said:

Air Force is going to kill their knees.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright.  Here we go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pack moving the ball well early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it’s 4th down. Looks like we’re going for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a first down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WIDE OPEN TOUCHDOWN PASS!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×