Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AKram

bobo has to gogo

1 hour ago, AKram said:

The wagons are circling in FoCo and this is probably one of many to come.

http://bobohas2gogo.com/

56 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Damn, that's brutal. I love it. 

That is absolutely brutal. Why in the heck did he get an $8 million buyout?

(Oh and I love the countdown clock at the end of the article, I kept watching it.)

20 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

That is absolutely brutal. Why in the heck did he get an $8 million buyout?

(Oh and I love the countdown clock at the end of the article, I kept watching it.)

Because at the time CSU extended Bobo numerous SEC programs were standing in line to poach him.  :lol:

Colorado St needs to look east to Kansas St.  It is time to hire from that Bill Snyder tree.  Like Sonny Lubick, Bill Snyder believes in good physical defenses.  That is where CSU made its mark in the 90's and early 2000 and where it needs to return.  I believe Jim Leavitt, the old USF coach, would be a good pick.  Or look into one of Bob Stoops brothers.  Mark Stoops I think was the coach there at Arizona.  He could be a great fit in bringing CSU back. 

I think the MWC should look into proven coaches.  SDSU, BSU, and Fresno St went after proven coaches that know how to win.  You can say the coach has baggage all you want but guys like Kiffin, Sarkisian, Stoops, Rich Rod, Neuheisal, Leavitt, Dykes, Graham, are available. 

10 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

You guys can't have the coin to fire Bobo...

I think the folks that want Bobo gone now are hoping for a big name donor to step in, but even then, if that was me, I wouldn't. The extension and buyouts are all Joe Parker's doing and the school's problem to fix.

26 minutes ago, AKram said:

I think the folks that want Bobo gone now are hoping for a big name donor to step in, but even then, if that was me, I wouldn't. The extension and buyouts are all Joe Parker's doing and the school's problem to fix.

Doesn't the tv money increase when CSU begins play in the Big 12?  Makes sense to me to use those funds.

6 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Doesn't the tv money increase when CSU begins play in the Big 12?  Makes sense to me to use those funds.

Well, if Arkansas can stink up the SEC, I don't see why CSU can't do the same for the Big 12. 

1 hour ago, AKram said:

Well, if Arkansas can stink up the SEC, I don't see why CSU can't do the same for the Big 12. 

Big 12 is already tough enough to go through a full season.  Having one more winnable game for Big 12 teams would make CSU a solid choice.

8 hours ago, suralexander said:

Colorado St needs to look east to Kansas St.  It is time to hire from that Bill Snyder tree.  Like Sonny Lubick, Bill Snyder believes in good physical defenses.  That is where CSU made its mark in the 90's and early 2000 and where it needs to return.  I believe Jim Leavitt, the old USF coach, would be a good pick.  Or look into one of Bob Stoops brothers.  Mark Stoops I think was the coach there at Arizona.  He could be a great fit in bringing CSU back. 

I think the MWC should look into proven coaches.  SDSU, BSU, and Fresno St went after proven coaches that know how to win.  You can say the coach has baggage all you want but guys like Kiffin, Sarkisian, Stoops, Rich Rod, Neuheisal, Leavitt, Dykes, Graham, are available. 

Mark Stoops is the current head coach at kentucky, Mike Stoops is the current defensive coordinator at Oklahoma making almost a $1 million a year. Jim Leavitt just signed a new contract with Oregon to stay their DC that pays him the same amount that Colorado st is currently paying Bobo a season. Sarkisian is getting more money for being the OC in Atlanta than CSU is paying their head coach.

Dykes was just hired this year at SMU for their head coach and he likes the air raid offense, his defenses haven't been that good. Rich Rod is sitting home getting the rest of his contract, and with the aura of sexual harassment accusations today, I don't see anyone touching him for a while. Rick Neuheisel has been named head coach of an Alliance of American Football team so he is out as well. So no the names that you mentioned are not available.