fanhood

Bars in Boise

55 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Lol. Parilla is my go to. I'm sure we would recognize each other if we met. I would just rather the tourists stay DT and keep the North End for ourselves :)

Until a couple years ago I lived right behind there on 12th, so I spent way too much time there. 

I love hearing my friends bitch about the service there either with me or online (and it can be really bad). I remember when I first started going there, that there is a definite "regulars first" preference from the bartenders. But I've put in my time so now it's the newbies that have to wait. 

Not to far from Boise State campus, on Vista is Quinn's.  It's a restaurant/bar owned by a Marine!  Really cool Marine memorabilia there.  Plus, if you buy two breakfasts on the weekend, you get a free bottle of champagne for Mimosas.  

down in a hole.jpg

6 minutes ago, Chile_Ute said:

Never fails...I’m obligated to go there for one drink (at least) anytime I’m in Boise.

I went there a lot in college, back when it was a real dive bar. I remember sitting next to a dude who had shet himself and was sitting in his own diarrhea like nothing happened. Now it's more of a cheap college hangout. Still fun, though. 

9 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I went there a lot in college, back when it was a real dive bar. I remember sitting next to a dude who had shet himself and was sitting in his own diarrhea like nothing happened. Now it's more of a cheap college hangout. Still fun, though. 

My first go was 1989....sat between a tie and a homeless guy.  Greta dynamic in that place....met my ex wife there.

I’m probably moved too much by nostalgia as I get older, but was there two years ago and it was like slipping into comfy, old shoes.

• Like 2

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

2 hours ago, Chile_Ute said:

My first go was 1989....sat between a tie and a homeless guy.  Greta dynamic in that place....met my ex wife there.

I’m probably moved too much by nostalgia as I get older, but was there two years ago and it was like slipping into comfy, old shoes.

I totally get it. The first cocktail I ever ordered in a bar with my fake ID when I was 19 was a whiskey sour at Pengilly's. I haven't ordered a well whiskey sour in probably 20 years... except when I go to Pengilly's. My first drink there is often a whiskey sour.

14 hours ago, kingpotato said:

So bluetools made it out of his trailer for a night out on the town?

• Haha 3

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Was never a fan of the Cactus bar, they don't take cards and I never carry cash.

If only they had an atm right in front. :whistle:

I hear ya. I end up there once in a blue moon, but I'm past the cheap drinks portion of my life. 

On 9/26/2018 at 6:10 AM, fanhood said:

Thanks. Does "Bacon" have TVs? Can we get Bloody Mary's?

Bacon has two TVs at their bar. They will be tuned into sports I'm sure, at least they were during the NCAA tourney. This is a don't miss place to get you're day going. Bloody's don't pour anywhere in town before 10:00. Beer and wine do, and Bacon has some damn good flavored mimosa's to hold you over until 10:00 if you get there too early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent Orange/Blue said:

Bacon has two TVs at their bar. They will be tuned into sports I'm sure, at least they were during the NCAA tourney. This is a don't miss place to get you're day going. Bloody's don't pour anywhere in town before 10:00. Beer and wine do, and Bacon has some damn good flavored mimosa's to hold you over until 10:00 if you get there too early.

Great. We check it out. 

On 9/26/2018 at 1:04 PM, kingpotato said:

Until a couple years ago I lived right behind there on 12th, so I spent way too much time there. 

I love hearing my friends bitch about the service there either with me or online (and it can be really bad). I remember when I first started going there, that there is a definite "regulars first" preference from the bartenders. But I've put in my time so now it's the newbies that have to wait. 

I've worked with and been good friends with the Bartenders their for a while so I know what you mean haha. I also lived on 12th St and Eastman for a couple years, as well as 13th and Ridenbaugh. An easy stumble home!

I think, therefore I'm.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, ClevelandBrown said:

It has a lot of Vandal alums so you may be on to something.

It's the only way those streets can be properly navigated without 100 crashes per day.

No donk is polite enough to drive those streets.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!