fanhood

Bars in Boise

Boise fans are exceptional. Here is the link to their forum:

https://www.broncofans.net/forum/4-boise-state-football-board/

Lots of great Sports Bars and Microbrews. (Take the "Dirty Filthy" Navy Leg and make him pay!)

Boise Fan is class, you will have a great time (Sorry I am going to miss it as the Baja ride is just too good to pass up).

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Boise fans are exceptional. Here is the link to their forum:

https://www.broncofans.net/forum/4-boise-state-football-board/

Lots of great Sports Bars and Microbrews. (Take the "Dirty Filthy" Navy Leg and make him pay!)

Boise Fan is class, you will have a great time (Sorry I am going to miss it as the Baja ride is just too good to pass up).

Can't wait. 

PM me with your cell. Lets link up Saturday morning.

2 hours ago, fanhood said:

We are heading to the SDSU v. Boise game in a few weeks.

I need a recommendation for a bar for breakfast, on Saturday morning, and a bar for the evening to watch the McGregor fight. 

Thoughts?

I'd recommend Bardenay for breakfast. It's a distillery/restaurant on the Basque Block. Food is pretty good, drinks are really good, and they have some TV's. Plus, it's right downtown, so it is not your vibe, there are a lot of places really close to there you can pop in and check out. It's also walkable distance to the stadium. It's a little bit of a hike, but the vast majority of the walk is through Julia Davis Park along the river, so it's a nice walk. 

The Tailgate used to have the UFC fights but they just sold to a Mexican Restaurant. I don't watch MMA much so I'm not sure of the best places for that. I know the Spearmint Rhino and Dave and Busters carries them... and it'd be a vastly different experience deepening on which of those you picked. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, pass on Goldy's unless you have 90 minutes to spend waiting to get seated.

Yeah, it's good food, but there is always a line, which would suck for a 1:30 kickoff. There are no TVs, which is fine, but I'd guess someone coming up here for a football game might want to watch some while they wait for the game. 

42 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'd recommend Bardenay for breakfast. It's a distillery/restaurant on the Basque Block. Food is pretty good, drinks are really good, and they have some TV's. Plus, it's right downtown, so it is not your vibe, there are a lot of places really close to there you can pop in and check out. It's also walkable distance to the stadium. It's a little bit of a hike, but the vast majority of the walk is through Julia Davis Park along the river, so it's a nice walk. 

The Tailgate used to have the UFC fights but they just sold to a Mexican Restaurant. I don't watch MMA much so I'm not sure of the best places for that. I know the Spearmint Rhino and Dave and Busters carries them... and it'd be a vastly different experience deepening on which of those you picked. 

Ha. Spearment Rhino huh? I have been to the one in Vegas. No thanks.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, pass on Goldy's unless you have 90 minutes to spend waiting to get seated.

This.

@fanhood have you already booked a hotel?

For breakfast, it's a little West of downtown but Big City Coffee is a fantastic spot.

Not sure of any MMA viewing places in Boise, but Big Al's out in Meridian is a good option. It was a fun spot to watch the NFL draft, at least.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Whisky Bar is great but a lot of hipsters.  I prefer the dives if I am not looking for women though.

Hipster bars in Boise, WTH is happening to Boise.

when did Boise downtown turn into the Castro District?

s-6d1ea46bb2ef353ef29d56e7df42476f319ecd

Shout out to Halfman for letting me borrow a picture of him on the prowl for women, allegedly.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, it's good food, but there is always a line, which would suck for a 1:30 kickoff. There are no TVs, which is fine, but I'd guess someone coming up here for a football game might want to watch some while they wait for the game. 

You say pass on Goldy's, but suggest Bardenay for breakfast, which doesnt open until 11?

Aztecs, do Goldy's. Just go early.  I would check out Bardenay in the evening though.

11 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

SUDS for pregame. 

2959C357F47613E63985A975694B9193AFBE3E69

Although PieHole's patio is better for a day game, imo.  Aztec fans, SUDS and Piehole are essentially the student bars.  Think Effins.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The Tailgate 

Is garbage.  Unless you are staying at the hotels right there, pass.  KP, are you just trolling us right now? :P

@fanhood, I made some suggestions on AMesa.  I will be out in Boise for the game.  Don't trust Boise fans on Mexican food, do trust them on breweries and Basque food.  They also have an odd affinity for steak fingers, and get annoyed if you call them "Flatlanders". :ph34r:

• Like 1