steveem

Tell me your Good Bad Ugly for your team after OOC

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise - 

Good - wide receivers and Rypien are in awesome rhythm, and the supposed best guy hasn't even played yet. Defense is playing fast.

Bad - offensive line can't get a push to get the run game going, and gives up tons of sacks in the passing games.  (the best teams in this league all built around their defensive fronts, so that doesn't bode well in some conference matchups)

Ugly - not being able to punt

https://media.giphy.com/media/8YKm53XsnbhmeAE6GX/giphy.gif

I agree with this with a few finer points:

Good - Rypien has matured into a really, really good QB this year, in spite of the same Offensive Line woes of the past two years.  His performance at Oklahoma State IMHO was his best (by far) individual performance given the "issues" he had to repeatedly overcome to produce.

Bad- Dear Lord, someone fix the O Line problems!

Ugly -  O line problems lead to season long issues...we'll drop an unexpected conference game...or two...

On 9/24/2018 at 10:43 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise - 

Good - wide receivers and Rypien are in awesome rhythm, and the supposed best guy hasn't even played yet. Defense is playing fast.

Bad - offensive line can't get a push to get the run game going, and gives up tons of sacks in the passing games.  (the best teams in this league all built around their defensive fronts, so that doesn't bode well in some conference matchups)

Ugly - not being able to punt

https://media.giphy.com/media/8YKm53XsnbhmeAE6GX/giphy.gif

Fix the offensive line issues and you won't have to punt.

Good:  we beat an SEC team in 2018.  Any other MW teams not named Boise beat an SEC team while in the MW?

Bad:  we may not win another game in 2018

Ugly:  very dysfunctional team with Bobos health, new coaches, young players and transfers

50 minutes ago, Castle Ram said:

Good:  we beat an SEC team in 2018.  Any other MW teams not named Boise beat an SEC team while in the MW?

Bad:  we may not win another game in 2018

Ugly:  very dysfunctional team with Bobos health, new coaches, young players and transfers

Unlv, wyoming just off the top of my head

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Yep, Castle Ram summed up CSU's OOC situation spot-on:  Can't take away the Arkansas win, which showed some grit (after bumbling-stumbling thru 3 quarters).  We could very well lose the next 7 games.  This program is a mess.  Thank god for the beer porch in the stadium.

In all sincerity, Wyo, you Pokes own Ole Miss, and you punked Tenn in their 100K+ stadium on the river.  Well done.  Schedule Ole Miss for homecoming!

Superior lifestyle...

Fresno State

The Good: Our defense didn't skip a beat from where it left off last year.

The Bad: Our offensive play calling put us in bad situations and didn't let McMaryion play to his strengths which made us drop a game we were supposed to win.

The Ugly: Not looking forward to playing Boise on the Blue in November. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

GOOD - we have a new Spirit mark at SJSU. The helmet has been reconfigured and looks better to me. BAD - a few people got all excited because the Spartans scored some points against Oregon. But there's no such thing as a moral victory because a loss is still a loss. UGLY - let's actually win a game before we celebrate. B)

nZ1kFQ_3tVvonIZNHSZoFX6GbkM1TZIkQpL00GJGdzxyyblu0qG8QNqrj2A9tTls_KdvWl0MIahCAit1Cq4lD2b2mk_i5ouEOS2yxg8rmXqKbn5yc5d6j9wOLDF3T_B8fxY0gdS5sCT79O0XrKrVigD_Xj-1Eq2w0dQwqOn9LSy_jR0nYzAfzmAPcx4XFdsERZyDpyMBKco9MJ3Dp4hktOgfK9fSUU8etjR77f7KC3AjpP45cYXC2uasjUJ5aGHXWn7ELs_D93yC6xOYhnd49d6qgQLoNFaPiybLB1V64ZO9dKAoTCms0_9To98VZzJ0Q5rWHjQFdqGkH5fwVv_5KC3FUBTIaPJ1G4FCewLzmfMN4e1HpsaO-4udJKzZAu9x-xbt6kQMynBHkE3NjuSVfs9dXKH2Gi2DJjjVqD6Mo7mVP_V0XDMPvNbBF-TNSvfVI3Wk40jdA_RftHUlhU724UQ90VNcXtRluGEjwU9wX8Dq41zlawVICnwyKscyqRrVnS48yHBTicRph-s9fvwTICgqW0fpyL7ieGKHvf2ik9wYXWqN0WSdVrcjw171iLoS_JUJhl97sZxfqUBEcsP5H9FknfZ99U_OCbyqQVNeOHuS8iQNkSeUEHITD63Ovi5r=w1366-h395-no

22 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

I agree with this with a few finer points:

Good - Rypien has matured into a really, really good QB this year, in spite of the same Offensive Line woes of the past two years.  His performance at Oklahoma State IMHO was his best (by far) individual performance given the "issues" he had to repeatedly overcome to produce.

Bad- Dear Lord, someone fix the O Line problems!

Ugly -  O line problems lead to season long issues...we'll drop an unexpected conference game...or two...

Ugly Part II - This is the first year I've thought that the P5/G5 gap was an evident and now insurmountable issue specifically for Boise State. 

IMO, this is easily Harsin's most talented, deepest and experienced team.  Prior to Oklahoma State, I thought that this was a game that Boise State should have been slightly favored in, even on the road.  Watching the game, it appeared that Oklahoma State was a significantly better team than Boise State (unlike the loss to Virginia last year, where I thought Boise State simply played poorly).  My immediate sense after the Oklahoma State game was, "Wow!  Oklahoma State is a really, really good Big 12 team that dismantled a really good Boise State team".

Fast forward to this past weekend:  Oklahoma State looks pretty pedestrian against a middle-of-the-pack (or worse) Texas Tech team.  I am now convinced (for the first time) that The Gap is indeed continuing to widen and Boise State is firmly cemented in an easily identified "lower tier"  of college football when compared to those programs with P5 resources.  I'm not 100% convinced this is the case for UCF yet, though I think without P5 resources, all G5 programs will get to the same place eventually.  

Due to my expectations based on the talent and experience on this year's Boise State team, I finally think that it's time to consider a reclassification of football conferences, officially placing G5 teams in a wholly different tier.  Sad...

EDIT:  There will be those "perfect storm" good/great teams at the G5 level, but IMHO there will not be extended periods of consistent competitiveness with P5 programs facing any G5 teams in the future.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:00 PM, Ram Allegiance said:

Rams

Good: Short beer lines at the stadium rest of season.

Bad: Doing less with more than any school in the country.

Ugly: Big Xll invite replaced with Big Sky invite.

I don't know about the Bad; I have to think given the exponential dollars Rutgers has to work with, that no school can do less than they are currently doing!

On 9/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, AllRamsAllTheTime said:

Yep, Castle Ram summed up CSU's OOC situation spot-on:  Can't take away the Arkansas win, which showed some grit (after bumbling-stumbling thru 3 quarters).  We could very well lose the next 7 games.  This program is a mess.  Thank god for the beer porch in the stadium.

In all sincerity, Wyo, you Pokes own Ole Miss, and you punked Tenn in their 100K+ stadium on the river.  Well done.  Schedule Ole Miss for homecoming!

Ole miss doesnt leave the south after we beat them in laramie.