Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

This is me today

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Do you have a link to show he juiced? 

He played best when he was doing hookers and blow.

He was traveling to Canada for years to see a doctor that supposedly specialized in PEDs

a quick search turned this up.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/15/tiger-woods-five-different-drugs-arrested-toxicology-report

18 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

He was traveling to Canada for years to see a doctor that supposedly specialized in PEDs

a quick search turned this up.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/15/tiger-woods-five-different-drugs-arrested-toxicology-report

None of those were PEDs. Dilaudid is a painkiller, and given what he had been going through, that's not surprising. Vicodin is also a pain killer. Xanax is anti-anxiety medication that I myself take. Ambien is obviously a sleeping pill. THC was likely taken for pain relieving methods as well.

What I see in that list of medications is someone that was arguably reckless in what they were putting into their system, but there's not any proof that he took them all at the same time... a lot of those drugs will show up in a toxicology screen well after their effects have worn off. Again though, none of those are PEDs. 

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

None of those were PEDs. Dilaudid is a painkiller, and given what he had been going through, that's not surprising. Vicodin is also a pain killer. Xanax is anti-anxiety medication that I myself take. Ambien is obviously a sleeping pill. THC was likely taken for pain relieving methods as well.

What I see in that list of medications is someone that was arguably reckless in what they were putting into their system, but there's not any proof that he took them all at the same time... a lot of those drugs will show up in a toxicology screen well after their effects have worn off. Again though, none of those are PEDs. 

Here is a link to a story about Tiger’s Canadian Doctor.

https://www.golf.com/ap-news/woodss-doctor-anthony-galea-pleads-guilty-bringing-banned-drugs-us

23 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

For those who know the sport better than I, how many years does Tiger realistically have to break Jack's record before he's too old to do it?

The way he's swinging now (Not violent, very, very smooth) and given how that putter looked, I'd say 10 years is a reasonable guess.  Maybe more if he somehow stays healthy.  That's 40 majors to win 4.  Tall task but the guy was unconscious for 3 1/2 days this past weekend so who knows. 

3 hours ago, roughrider said:

The way he's swinging now (Not violent, very, very smooth) and given how that putter looked, I'd say 10 years is a reasonable guess.  Maybe more if he somehow stays healthy.  That's 40 majors to win 4.  Tall task but the guy was unconscious for 3 1/2 days this past weekend so who knows. 

Tiger will turn 43 in December.

Here are the 10 oldest winners of men's golf majors:
  • Julius Boros: 1968 PGA Championship, 48 years, 4 months, 18 days.
  • Old Tom Morris: 1867 British Open, 46 years, 99 days.
  • Jack Nicklaus: 1986 Masters, 46 years, 2 months, 23 days.
  • Jerry Barber: 1961 PGA Championship, 45 Years, 3 months, 6 days.

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

Agree and we are comparing them to Tiger.  A once in a lifetime athlete.  Jack didn't look anything like Tiger does at 42, btw.  Internal drive is really hard to measure too.  

I wouldn't bet a nickel he's going to play 40 more majors but it is possible.  Cut it in half and I would bet he will be at it at least as long as Phil Mickelson who is what, 48 now?   

4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

That is all true however Tom Watson was in a playoff to win the British at 59 years old.

The British is where Tiger could win one when he's "old".  Often the ground is crazy hard and the ball rolls 75 yards.  Everybody is a long hitter at the British.

I say the biggest obstacle for Tiger getting to 18 or 19 majors is his health.  How long will his back and knee hold up this time? He could yank something out of place tomorrow and this whole thing is over.