Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Breaking News: Life Long Friend of Ford Named As Being @ Party Testifies Her Story Is Bogus

11 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Ford very clearly remembers the incident in which she was assaulted. It was traumatic and memorable.

For other people at the party it was not a memorable event.

As for Kavanaugh and his friend, they were stumbling drunk and likely don't have a clear recollection.

But it happened, it was wrong and Ford has no reason to lie or put herself through this other than the need to finally air the wretched truth about a man who by his actions is unfit to be appointed to the SC. If trump weren't equally a sexist pig and if the repubs on the committee weren't soulless misogynists themselves they would pull his name and plug in some other equally conservative person without the baggage.

They won’t be able to find one that has the radical views on executive power. Which nuts when you think that they are risking ceding their own power to the president. 

2 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Finally, when a woman makes an accusation she's told she needs evidence before questioning a man's reputation. But when a man is accused, whether it's Kavanaugh or Porter or that pedophile trump backed, well gosh golly in those instances the men all claimed to be innocent and that was good enough for trump. And Grassley and Graham.

But we live in a society where you’re innocent until proven guilty.  Fake accusations happen and can destroy a person’s life, see the Duke Lacross case.  Simply leveling an accusation shouldn’t be enough to derail somebody’s life.  In the case of Moore (Alabama guy) there were multiple allegations over a course of number of years. In Kavanaugh’s case there’s one accusation with no corroborating evidence and there are no additional allegations.  So this was either an isolated incident or it happened differently than Dr. Ford remembers.  But this will likely cloud Kavanaugh’s tenure if he’s confirmed.  He should be withdrawn and Trump should nominate Amy Barrett.  Those would be outstanding hearings. I would look forward to Cory Booker mansplaining women’s rights to a woman.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

24 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Ford very clearly remembers the incident in which she was assaulted. It was traumatic and memorable.

As for Kavanaugh and his friend, they were stumbling drunk and likely don't have a clear recollection.

But it happened, it was wrong and Ford has no reason to lie or put herself through this other than the need to finally air the wretched truth about a man who by his actions is unfit to be appointed to the SC. If trump weren't equally a sexist pig and if the repubs on the committee weren't soulless misogynists themselves they would pull his name and plug in some other equally conservative person without the baggage.

You don’t know any of this.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

But we live in a society where you’re innocent until proven guilty.  Fake accusations happen and can destroy a person’s life, see the Duke Lacross case.  Simply leveling an accusation shouldn’t be enough to derail somebody’s life.  In the case of Moore (Alabama guy) there were multiple allegations over a course of number of years. In Kavanaugh’s case there’s one accusation with no corroborating evidence and there are no additional allegations.  So this was either an isolated incident or it happened differently than Dr. Ford remembers.  But this will likely cloud Kavanaugh’s tenure if he’s confirmed.  He should be withdrawn and Trump should nominate Amy Barrett. Those would be outstanding hearings. I would look forward to Cory Booker mansplaining women’s rights to a woman.  

No he shouldn’t. If you want to see more disgusting smear campaigns just like this in the future, reward the Dems for doing it..

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, mysfit said:

I hope to hell you never serve on a jury. You are making a lot of assumptions without any evidence unless you have some personal knowledge the media or judiciary committee  doesn’t seem to have. Maybe you should share it with them. 

20 hours ago, mugtang said:

No, she didn't say the story was bogus.  All she said was she didn't recall the incident, party and has never met Kav.  

She didn’t actually verbally say it was bogus, but her testimony points in that direction. No one is going to come out of the woodwork and flat out say Ford is lying or a fraud even they know it to be true in fear of legal action. It takes balls enough just to come forward and say you don’t remember what she was claiming. Ford has a high powered activist legal team on her side that could slap a defamation lawsuit on someone at the blink of an eye. 

kat.jpg

The irony of #metoo kills me. A good many people still see the hashtag as the pound sign. To us #metoo looks like poundmetoo.....

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

But we live in a society where you’re innocent until proven guilty.  Fake accusations happen and can destroy a person’s life, see the Duke Lacross case.  Simply leveling an accusation shouldn’t be enough to derail somebody’s life.  In the case of Moore (Alabama guy) there were multiple allegations over a course of number of years. In Kavanaugh’s case there’s one accusation with no corroborating evidence and there are no additional allegations.  So this was either an isolated incident or it happened differently than Dr. Ford remembers.  But this will likely cloud Kavanaugh’s tenure if he’s confirmed.  He should be withdrawn and Trump should nominate Amy Barrett.  Those would be outstanding hearings. I would look forward to Cory Booker mansplaining women’s rights to a woman.  

That is a legal argument.

This is not a court of law, it's a court of public opinion 

Fake accusations happen 2-5% of the time and less than 1 in 3 assaults are ever reported.

I find her far more credible. I believe her, as I believed Anita.

Given the odds and statistics I am fine with derailing his career. I'm sick and tired of women being victimized and men, especially powerful men, sailing through life. We've had enough. We're fighting back. We've shouldered the shame and fear while men walk off.

No. More.

One of the Final Five..........

6 hours ago, mysfit said:

Finally, when a woman makes an accusation she's told she needs evidence before questioning a man's reputation. But when a man is accused, whether it's Kavanaugh or Porter or that pedophile trump backed, well gosh golly in those instances the men all claimed to be innocent and that was good enough for trump. And Grassley and Graham.

You think it is okay to make unsubstantiated damaging claims about people and they must be believed because you don't like who was elected president.

Do you realize that almost all these #metoo people were democrats from Weinstein on down.  Maybe 10% not democrat.    You will never have a male democrat ever make his way through the senate with your standards.  Republicans will just go a couple blocks from the white house to find a whore who will for $20 claim he showed her his weenie and she was shocked, I say shocked!

2 hours ago, mysfit said:

Fake accusations happen 2-5% of the time and less than 1 in 3 assaults are ever reported.

Given the odds and statistics I am fine with derailing his career. I'm sick and tired of women being victimized and men, especially powerful men, sailing through life. We've had enough. We're fighting back. We've shouldered the shame and fear while men walk off.

No. More.

Part of a civilized society is you do not give credence to unsubstantiated claims.

How would you feel if half this board started calling you a whore?   I could say you met me on the blue and did it for $5 sometime last year.  Nothing you could do to disprove it so you are guilty under your standards.    Think this shit through you aren't that dumb.

7 hours ago, mysfit said:

Translation to English:     I HATE MEN !!!!!!!   

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, mysfit said:

No. More.

If you’re married, I sure hope he sleeps in another room and locks the door. If you’re not, good luck with that. You might try the mail order husband thing, or better yet, you might try one of those life-like robots that you could program to always nod his head in agreement and never talk unless he told to do so. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I hope to hell you never serve on a jury. You are making a lot of assumptions without any evidence unless you have some personal knowledge the media or judiciary committee  doesn’t seem to have. Maybe you should share it with them. 

Trials are won and lost based on jury selection.  Its not just everything, its the only thing.

2nd accuser came forward.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2nd-woman-accuses-brett-kavanaugh-sexual-misconduct-report/story?id=58031736

Okay rechties, time to figure out the best way to discredit this one. 

BTW, what were your positions on the..what is it now...18 accusers against Trump? 

http://time.com/5058646/donald-trump-accusers/

Please explain how none of them or their allegations matter.

Mind you, as ya'll don't seem to care if a predator is President (hell, many of you voted for him and the allegations were already on the table), then why would you care if a predator became a justice on the Supreme court?  Oh yeah, important distinction - a conservative predator. 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism