Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Cheerios

5 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Was helping wife with grocery shopping the other day.  While grabbing a box of cheerios, is see a new flavor...pumpkin spice.  About gagged. 

We tried a peach flavor a couple of months ago.  It was OK but cheerios are pretty popular in my house and these new flavor experiments in everything are a bit over the top.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Was helping wife with grocery shopping the other day.  While grabbing a box of cheerios, is see a new flavor...pumpkin spice.  About gagged. 

You seem surprised that holidays have been corporatized to the zenith. 

Get with it!  Corporate policy states that the time frame immediately after Labor Day and until November 1st is officially pumpkin flavored everything.   And everything will be on sale for the entire month of October (at least it will appear to be on sale.  Use of the word is sure to convince many shoppers, regardless if any discount is actually applied.)

Now get back to work, cog!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

When I was a kid I used to walk to school in the snow, barefoot, uphill both ways. And we liked it! :oldman:

I have an employee who has to take an hour off from work every afternoon to pick her kid up and take him home.   The kid is in 8th grade and his home is across the street from the school.  The street has never had two cars on it at the same time in its entire history.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

I have an employee who has to take an hour off from work every afternoon to pick her kid up and take him home.   The kid is in 8th grade and his home is across the street from the school.  The street has never had two cars on it at the same time in its entire history.

Ha! It is funny. I see a lot of that with parents. Heck, even my wife has a little bit of that in her, though not to that extreme. I offer a counterbalance, to be sure. I just wasn't raised that way. I had a single mom, and she couldn't be a helicopter parent even if she wanted, which she didn't. I'm grateful every day for that, too.

15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Ha! It is funny. I see a lot of that with parents. Heck, even my wife has a little bit of that in her, though not to that extreme. I offer a counterbalance, to be sure. I just wasn't raised that way. I had a single mom, and she couldn't be a helicopter parent even if she wanted, which she didn't. I'm grateful every day for that, too.

I walked a mile home to school starting halfway through Kindergarten.

By 7th grade I was allowed to go hunting on my own or with other kids after school.  My parents only demand was that i make it home by 6 PM for family dinner.

I did the same thing with my kids.  Although the wife picked up the kids from school until about 2nd grade I think.  Which I thought was ridiculous.  Sure they got in trouble sometimes but that is practice for making future decisions and adulthood.

No wonder kids are all fat and lazy these days.  The aren't allowed outside or any responsibility at all.  

Remember Cap'n McCain's and Obama O's?

https://goo.gl/images/VCMLmf

Sorry, I can't figure out how to get the jpg properties link address using Chrome on my Pixel 2 phone, otherwise I would have posted it as a picture.

110926run_defense710.jpg