Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stealthlobo

OT- GABF 2018 favorite beers!

Good morning! Going to my first GABF this year! In the past many posters on this board have given me great advice of breweries and beers to try from their regions when I visited. I already plan on my "goto's" from Albuquerque and Hawaii: La Cumbre, Marble, Bosque, and Maui Brew co.

I was wondering what local breweries from the MWC footprint that may be at the festival people are recommending today! Thanks for the info! 

22 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Good morning! Going to my first GABF this year! In the past many posters on this board have given me great advice of breweries and beers to try from their regions when I visited. I already plan on my "goto's" from Albuquerque and Hawaii: La Cumbre, Marble, Bosque, and Maui Brew co.

I was wondering what local breweries from the MWC footprint that may be at the festival people are recommending today! Thanks for the info! 

I'm barely down the list, but stopped at Alesmith, who has two beers I highly recommend:

Their .394 Pale Ale was originally commissioned by Tony Gwynn before he died, and the family finished the project. One of the best West Coast/SD-style IPAs on the market, even if they just market it as a pale.

The other is a more recent release, their Sublime Mexican Lager. When they first made it, you could only pre-order it in 40 oz. bottles appropriately labeled "40 oz. to Freedom." I simply call it, "Bradley Beer." But it doesn't matter what you call it - its the best fn Mexican lager you'll ever taste in your life, even if now it's only available in 12 oz. bottles.

Back to the list...

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

I just made it through the "F's" but have too much work to do to comb the rest of the alphabet... I did search for two of my favorite SD breweries: The Lost Abbey - who makes a wonderful quad (Judgement Day) - and Modern Times, and while both are in attendance, neither has any of my go-to beers when I grab for their product. 

However both make phenomenal beers, and I highly recommend you find the time to make your way to each of their booths.

4 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I just made it through the "F's" but have too much work to do to comb the rest of the alphabet... I did search for two of my favorite SD breweries: The Lost Abbey - who makes a wonderful quad (Judgement Day) - and Modern Times, and while both are in attendance, neither has any of my go-to beers when I grab for their product. 

However both make phenomenal beers, and I highly recommend you find the time to make your way to each of their booths.

Excellent! Never can go wrong with SD brews. Ballist Point isn't there this year unfortunately

Check out my friends at Lost Compass brewing out of Breckinridge. The owner/brewer is from Sheridan, Wyoming though and is an awesome dude. Their flagship is probably their Coconut Porter(great but not really my favorite style) not sure what they will have on tap but it is all good.

7 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Check out my friends at Lost Compass brewing out of Breckinridge. The owner/brewer is from Sheridan, Wyoming though and is an awesome dude. Their flagship is probably their Coconut Porter(great but not really my favorite style) not sure what they will have on tap but it is all good.

I've had that beer before, very taste. I'm partial to Maui brew cos coconut Porter just because I used to live a few blocks away, but I'll definitely be hitting up Lost Compass as well. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Excellent! Never can go wrong with SD brews. Ballist Point isn't there this year unfortunately

Are you sure? If their beer 'menu' is accurate, it looks like they're representing not once, but twice with two breweries/tasting rooms in attendance:

Screen_Shot_2018_09_20_at_1_06_25_PM.png