Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwelish

Three man weave - MWC BASKETBALL Preview

UNM's is in the ballpark, just don't take the starters too seriously. Even with advanced talent, Weir will substitute freely and start players based on defensive effort. It's just how he rolls.

SDSU's looks pretty accurate. I think the reviewer under values McDaniels but pretty much every review does. I think Seiko will turn out to be an integral part of the guard rotation.

We'll need to get more from Narain than what he's shown to date and one of the freshmen will have to step up and give us decent post minutes.

We're picked to be 2nd in the conference but not well represented in the all conference piicks.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

McDaniels was pretty good. Seems like they are saying hes your best player.

Looks like theres a shortage of guards and ball handlers. No shortage on scorers.

I think how good sdsu can be will come down to how good the big rotation defends and rebounds.

Pretty accurate for Boise; I was guessing 4th or 5th.  I'm betting (and hoping) Dembley takes the PG spot by January if not sooner.  We're going to need the offense.   Bereal breaks into the lineup sooner than later too,  he's super athletic and will be needed on the defensive end of the court against the top 3-4 teams which have a ton more athleticism than Boise will once again. 

The following season should be better.  Everyone returns but the under achieving 3 headed post thing.  

43 minutes ago, qwelish said:

McDaniels was pretty good. Seems like they are saying hes your best player.

Looks like theres a shortage of guards and ball handlers. No shortage on scorers.

I think how good sdsu can be will come down to how good the big rotation defends and rebounds.

Not really. We'll have Seiko and Shakel behind Devin and Germ. Also, we're stacked with Wings 'n Things (as usual), so I think you'll see Mitchell log plenty of PT at SG in big lineups if/when Chang and Arop's hype translates to the court during games.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, qwelish said:

Hey, if you say so.

I dont see it.

I think our backcourt is sufficiently deep unless we end up going small with a 3-guard lineup for most of the season, which I don't think likely given our relative depth in the FC and at the wing. I guess one key injury could change the equation, but I like the balance on the roster.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

9 hours ago, roughrider said:

Pretty accurate for Boise; I was guessing 4th or 5th.  I'm betting (and hoping) Dembley takes the PG spot by January if not sooner.  We're going to need the offense.   Bereal breaks into the lineup sooner than later too,  he's super athletic and will be needed on the defensive end of the court against the top 3-4 teams which have a ton more athleticism than Boise will once again. 

The following season should be better.  Everyone returns but the under achieving 3 headed post thing.  

What’s the deal with Roderick Williams. Dude is rated #5 juco by 247, averaged 20 ppg, yet has zero highlight videos even though he played juco in LA and had committed to 2 D1s in previous seasons. How can you not have any highlight videos?

But he’s listed as a starter and I think will be the deciding factor on whether Boise is in the tier 2 or tier 3-4 category of the MW. If he gets to the rim as well as advertised, Boise could have the team and coaching to be tier 2 and big dance bubble team and MW tournament contender.

17 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What’s the deal with Roderick Williams. Dude is rated #5 juco by 247, averaged 20 ppg, yet has zero highlight videos even though he played juco in LA and had committed to 2 D1s in previous seasons. How can you not have any highlight videos?

But he’s listed as a starter and I think will be the deciding factor on whether Boise is in the tier 2 or tier 3-4 category of the MW. If he gets to the rim as well as advertised, Boise could have the team and coaching to be tier 2 and big dance bubble team and MW tournament contender.

I know, highlites were impossible to find for him but stories of player's practices are he dominates.  Everyone.   And it's a position of need.