Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

OT - Taurus SHO

Are you guys feeling this car?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are you guys feeling this car?

• Yes - go for it
    • No - I recommend another

I thought they had shitcanned the platform. Something about it just screams Pet Cemetery to me... maybe it's because I can't unsee these fugly dicklings:

1280px-1st_Ford_Taurus_SHO_--_10-03-2009

1024px-1996-1999_Ford_Taurus_SHO_front.j

When I was little, the hater acronym was Found On Road Dead. IMO Ford execs should have left this one dead and buried like the muthaf*cking Tesseract.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Love the sound of that cold start rumble though... kind of reminds me of my buddy's SRT if you first snipped a nut from its sack.

What's the F/R split on the AWD? I always thought Audi to be poserish for skewing their drivetrain something like 70/30 FWD/RWD (for liability reasons).

IMO, if you're going to spring for 4-door American muscle, then you're missing two cylinders with this generic Fat Cartman of a go kart.

39 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Love the sound of that cold start rumble though... kind of reminds me of my buddy's SRT if you first snipped a nut from its sack.

What's the F/R split on the AWD? I always thought Audi to be poserish for skewing their drivetrain something like 70/30 FWD/RWD (for liability reasons). 

IMO, if you're going to spring for 4-door American muscle, then you're missing two cylinders with this generic Fat Cartman of a go kart. 

I think you've resolved the issue for me...

8zgc.gif

BTW, this car, stock without any mods, will smoke most anything off the line...

The AWD puts down some insane torque very fast...

New-Signature.jpg

I have to agree with Sandiegoian, never really likes Taurus's styling. I've driven AWD cars most of my life and feel there are nicer options out there depending on price range.

Had a buddy with sho in HS too (older model obviously) and I had an AWD 3000gt turbo, had fun racing each other but it never was really close.

33 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I had a friend that had one of those back in High school(late 90's). It had some power. Way too much for dumb high school kids. So I have a soft spot for SHO's so I say go for it. 

Sounds good to me!

2idkqi.jpg

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

I think you've resolved the issue for me...

8zgc.gif

BTW, this car, stock without any mods, will smoke most anything off the line...

The AWD puts down some insane torque very fast...

I luver me some AWD launches. I would get a semi every time the Audi World Challenge team cars would launch off the line during the F1-style Christmas-tree starts in the now-defunct WCS.

Back to the Taurine SHO... it has almost 1,000 lbs more sprung weight than an E46 M3 and 500 lbs more than a current gen S4, both which are kinda pig-like on the track. Ha - the more I keep thinking about it, the more I find not to like. Give me an SVT Focus over that 6-cyl shopping cart in the OP... 

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I thought they had shitcanned the platform. Something about it just screams Pet Cemetery to me... maybe it's because I can't unsee these fugly dicklings:

When I was little, the hater acronym was Found On Road Dead. IMO Ford execs should have left this one dead and buried like the muthaf*cking Tesseract.

Where I grew up it was Found OReservation Dump.

50 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

It's a piece of crap with horrible sight lines.  I'd stay away!

giphy.gif

One thing to consider: Ford sponsors not only the Dallas Cowboys, but also, Boise State....

....Sooo......

Furthermore, I really like the lines..  Rides almost as tall as some SUV's...  Giant car..

New-Signature.jpg

If you can get a good deal, go for it Jeff. B) Conan O'Brien bought this Taurus brand new back in 1992, and still drives it. 

See the source image