Extra Mayo

Do You Read Your Rival's Homer Board?

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

It's Fresno.

Your a Reno guy so I will put it in a reference you will completely understand...Think of it like SF Giants vs Dodgers, LA could care less, the Tree Huggin Battery Chucking, Water Hording, Jane Fonda loving NOcALS bring hate combined with jealousy. Pff whatever.

Fresburg is has and will always be, IRRELVENT! (see Napoléon Complex for visual reference)

On 9/19/2018 at 12:15 PM, RogueStout said:

Think he pretty well answered this.

He obviously under values The Old Oil Can (aka: The Stoopidest "Rivalry" Trophy Ever Invented Ever) They should award it to the loser.

Why they didn't invent something more modern like "The Old Meth Bindle" or "The Old Aderall Bottle" is beyond me.

• Haha 2

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Everything bad people say about BYU fans is present in droves on cougar board. I don't know how they attract so many of those types of fans. A big chunk of the BYU fans I meet in person are reasonable and like to talk football. 

Ya, I dunno.  It's weird to me how grossly some of the fans overestimate BYU's relevance in the landscape.  BYU is a good program that built their brand on beating bad teams and taking down the occasional big name.  They are probably a top 35 program all time, but in the current landscape, a G5/non P5 independent really has to win a lot to be relevant.  I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Being ranked is nice, but it'll take more than beating Wisconsin to keep that up.  

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 9/19/2018 at 12:50 PM, Jack Bauer said:

I would argue SDSU and Fresno are rivals.

Based purely on the actions of the Cal State-Fresno fans that frequent this site; which school they obsess over, start threads about, and appear unable to refrain from responding to the posts made by its fans, it’s quite clear that their rival is SJSU.

Champ Logo.jpg

I've been on the bark board once. I think it was to pm @Dogs4Me regarding our plan to Make california Great Again (McGAI). Or maybe it was to borrow one of his sock puppets, I forget.

I started this thread to find out if other schools' rivals are obsessed with your Homer boards as ours is.

Are you guys rly telling the truth when you say you don't hang on every word that is posted by alums of rival schools, and then repost it elsewhere in the internet? Or are you trying to paint a portrait of yourself that differs from reality?

I recently left the RebelNet Confidential board, I couldn't take it anymore.  Its full of dudes that have personal feelings for Dave Rice and still can't accept that he was fired.  The last straw for me was when one poster actually gave Dave Rice all the credit for Nevada's success last year, I had to go after that, plus all the insiders were run off so it became a giant waste of money paying to hear people constantly whine about how Dave Rice was on the cusp of becoming the next Coach K.

• Like 1

NO

I have never visited any of the other MW boards unless a post has been linked here.   

This site gives me a great feel for the other teams and fans.  The posters here usually offer the best not some of the stupidity from extreme homerism present at each fan board.