Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

SJSU Doesn’t Win, Ever

27 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

UC Santa Barbara sent three players to the NBA this decade, one drafted.  Last we checked, the NBA is still considered a major professional sport. Also a couple NCAA appearances this decade and we'll be back in the dance soon enough.

While it could be better, shall we dive into SJSU's men's hoops profile? :coffeecomputer:

No...what conference are you in though-I’m unfamiliar.

19 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Fresno will finish with higher attendance this year than they did last year. That attendance will also average higher than any SJSU attendance average ever. Ever.

Tedford will make in one year more money than Brennan makes in an entire 5 year contract. Fresno hasn’t had a head coach poached in, shit, before most people on this board were even born.  It’s kind of cool having a fan base that cares about winning.

SJSU never has a chance at winning on a consistent basis. Beating up on WAC leftovers don’t happen too often. You don’t have to take my word for it. I read it from some guy named Creeper86

Again, you manage to look like an idiot. This is getting embarrassing for you. I thought you were leaving? You have no self control. 

Monotone Jeff as good as gone. Family hates it there, I mean could be a rumor, but it is kind of believable, no?

32 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

UC Santa Barbara sent three players to the NBA this decade, one drafted.  Last we checked, the NBA is still considered a major professional sport. Also a couple NCAA appearances this decade and we'll be back in the dance soon enough.

While it could be better, shall we dive into SJSU's men's hoops profile? :coffeecomputer:

Is a Gaucho a colorful name for jockey? You got a little guy running around at the baseball games-like a small version of our very own Crazy George?

34 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Gaucho, if MWC board history teaches us anything...it’s that when Creeps opens his mouth, in a few years Santa Barbara will announce they’re bringing back football and SJSU announces they’re dropping it. Dude is cursed... I can post a few examples. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Gaucho, if MWC board history teaches us anything...it’s that when Creeps opens his mouth, in a few years Santa Barbara will announce they’re bringing back football and SJSU announces they’re dropping it. Dude is cursed... I can post a few examples. 

Santa Barbara had football?? wow...is there talk of bringing it back? lil train, have you heard that?

15 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

This was a decent movie too.

MV5BOGZmYzVkMmItM2NiOS00MDI3LWI4ZWQtMTg0

I love you bud, but no.

are you seriously equivalating those two movies?

if you want to debate Aliens and Judgement Day, ok, i can do that.  But not batman dos and terminator 2.  Thats just wrong.

This is blatant thread derailing but I dont care cause the thread is dumb.

did i ever tell you I was at the Johnny Barnes game at the Rose Bowl?  Goddamn, that was fun.

best games ive ever seen in person......

1.  The Dogs loss to Bushs Trojans.

2.  Tommy Maddoxs bruins loss to Marijuanavichs trojans

3.  Derek Carrs win over Boise

4.  Former gaucho Johnny Phucking Barnes win over the Trojans

5.  Perez win over Sweeney in San Ho

6.  Stanfords win over Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl

7.  Donahues Pac10 clinching win in the Coli in his last regular season game

8.  Dogs loss to the Ducks on that bullshit fake field goal

9.  Brad Musters win over the Ducks at Stanford in a game no one will remember but me

10. Stanfords narrow loss to the TAMU wrecking crew at the Big A.

15 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I love you bud, but no.

are you seriously equivalating those two movies?

if you want to debate Aliens and Judgement Day, ok, i can do that.  But not batman dos and terminator 2.  Thats just wrong.

This is blatant thread derailing but I dont care cause the thread is dumb.

did i ever tell you I was at the Johnny Barnes game at the Rose Bowl?  Goddamn, that was fun.

best games ive ever seen in person......

1.  The Dogs loss to Bushs Trojans.

2.  Tommy Maddoxs bruins loss to Marijuanavichs trojans

3.  Derek Carrs win over Boise

4.  Former gaucho Johnny Phucking Barnes win over the Trojans

5.  Perez win over Sweeney in San Ho

6.  Stanfords win over Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl

7.  Donahues Pac10 clinching win in the Coli in his last regular season game

8.  Dogs loss to the Ducks on that bullshit fake field goal

9.  Brad Musters win over the Ducks at Stanford in a game no one will remember but me

10. Stanfords narrow loss to the TAMU wrecking crew at the Big A.

Not comparing them whatsoever.  Terminator wins out.

Nonetheless, Batman Returns was a decent movie.  According to IMDB, Burgess Meredith (the Penguin in the 60s Batman tv series, and Rocky's trainer) was asked to play the Penguin's father at the start of the film but was too sick and couldn't do it.

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

@TheTedfordTrain

sjsu sucks. We know we suck. We said we would fix it and we haven't. No one disputes any of this.

starting threads like this makes you seem small.

Nah, man. Haven’t you read Creeps’ comments? You only lost by 13 points. Y’all back! Undefeated the rest of the season. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

11 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Our grand slam in the 2016 NCAA Tournament alone trumps everything SJSU has done over the last 30 years.  

A top 5 pick in the MLB Draft, three players sent to the NBA this decade.  Could be worse

Nice try. Baseball isn't a sport.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Since 1992, SJSU has had winning seasons in 2000, 2006, and 2012. They're 3-0 in bowl games during that time period, and the 2012 team finished the season with an 11-2 record, and was ranked #21 in the final season polls. If I'm not mistaken, only three other MWC programs can claim to have had seasons with that many wins and that high of a ranking in the final poll during the past decade. There are at least two MWC programs that have never been ranked in the AP poll at any time in their histories, let alone in a final season poll. Is the SJSU record anything to brag about? No. They lose more than they win, but when they've won, they've done better than a lot of other MWC programs. I don't really mind having shade thrown on SJSU's football program, but I do mind if someone makes a completely false statement in doing so, such as not having a winning season since 1992.

If a tree falls in a forest....

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke