Guest #1Stunner

Prediction: Wyoming will not win another game this season.

Guest #1Stunner

Just took at peek at the Wyoming Cowboys football schedule.  YIKES!  Murderer's row----especially with Hawaii and USU being good.

Only possible wins I see for Wyoming are (1) SJSU, (2) AFA, (3) CSU.   But of those three, probably only SJSU, who is comparable to Wofford, who gave Wyoming all it could handle last weekend.

Maybe Josh Allen really did win Wyoming a lot of games?

Schedule[edit]

Date Time Opponent Site TV Result Attendance
August 25 8:00 p.m. at New Mexico State* ESPN2 W 29–7 20,322
September 1 1:30 p.m. Washington State* CBSSN L 19–41 24,131
September 8 5:00 p.m. at Missouri* ESPNU L 13–40 50,820
September 15 2:00 p.m. No. 8 (FCS) Wofford*
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
Stadium W 17–14 20,293
September 29 5:00 p.m. Boise State
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
CBSSN    
October 6 10:00 p.m. at Hawaii SPEC HI    
October 13   at Fresno State ESPN Networks    
October 20 12:30 p.m. Utah Statedagger
ATTSNRM    
October 26 8:00 p.m. at Colorado State CBSSN    
November 3 12:00 p.m. San Jose State
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
ATTSNRM    
November 17   Air Force
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
ESPN Networks    
November 24 12:30 p.m. at New Mexico ATTSNRM    
  • *Non-conference game
  • daggerHomecoming
  • #Rankings from AP Poll released prior to the game
  • All times are in Mountain time

Source:[10]

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, Bob said:

you left out juggernaut New Mexico as a potential win. Wyoming was beating Wash St. midway through the third and was competitive with Mizzou for roughly one half on the road. Wyoming was missing key people for Wofford, but yes. that was a stinker. I see 4-5 wins on the sched. But it would help the psyche to be underdogs. I like it 

I'll excuse your ignorance, since you are an AFA fan, and probably haven't followed Wyoming that much this season. . . .

But no way that Wyoming marches into the Land of Enchantment in November, and beats New Mexico at Dreamstyle Stadium on rivalry weekend. 

Lobos field general Bob David is UNDEFEATED against Wyoming, when playing on rivalry weekend.

220px-MountainWestMD-2016-0726-BobDavie.

It's entirely possible.  This is the worst Wyoming offense I've ever had the misfortune to watch.  Albeit I was living in Oregon and Texas during the Vic Koenning and Joe Glenn era's and it was all but impossible to watch Cowboy football.  This weeks bye is much needed to get healthy and make coaching adjustments.  That said the next four games vs BSU, at Hawaii, at Fresno and vs Utah State will make or break this team.  The Cowboys could easily get taken behind the wood shed in all four of these games.  If they don't find a way to win 1-2 of these games or at the very least compete I think CSU, SJSU, AF and NM could easily beat a demoralized Cowboy team.  During the Mizzou and Wofford games it was easy to see just how frustrated the defense has become.

It's gut check time for this edition of Cowboy football!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

It's entirely possible.  This is the worst Wyoming offense I've ever had the misfortune to watch.  Albeit I was living in Oregon and Texas during the Vic Koenning and Joe Glenn era's and it was all but impossible to watch Cowboy football.  This weeks bye is much needed to get healthy and make coaching adjustments.  That said the next four games vs BSU, at Hawaii, at Fresno and vs Utah State will make or break this team.  The Cowboys could easily get taken behind the wood shed in all four of these games.  If they don't find a way to win 1-2 of these games or at the very least compete I think CSU, SJSU, AF and NM could easily beat a demoralized Cowboy team.  During the Mizzou and Wofford games it was easy to see just how frustrated the defense has become.

It's gut check time for this edition of Cowboy football!

Koenning had decent offenses, terrible defenses.

Wyoming will win another game or 2, and this season will be a bad one. 

GO POKES!!!

If they were bad on both sides of the ball, I'd say this is possible.  However, that defense is going to keep Wyoming in a lot of games and they're going to get some wins.  Teams aren't static.  Some get better and some get worse during the year.  It is easier to make adjustments on offense than it is on defense.  Offenses get to choose which plays they want to run and can try to do things to mitigate their weaknesses against lesser opponents.  

It is much more likely that SJSU loses out.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

you left out juggernaut New Mexico as a potential win. Wyoming was beating Wash St. midway through the third and was competitive with Mizzou for roughly one half on the road. Wyoming was missing key people for Wofford, but yes. that was a stinker. I see 4-5 wins on the sched. But it would help the psyche to be underdogs. I like it 

Would be  that be the same "juggernaut New Mexico" team that has won 4 of the last 5 vs  the AFA?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i wouldn't go that far...but if they make a bowl it'll be by the skin of their teeth.  They aren't winning any of the next four games and that leaves zero margin for error to close the year out 6-6.

And it might get worse next year. They lose a lot of playmakers on defense next year. Especially if Ghaifan declares early

4 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

This is the worst Wyoming offense

What happened? Thought they were supposed to be decent. Looked good vs. NMSU. Now Vanderwaal has one of worst qb ratings in football and nobody can run for anything. Is the QB that bad? Looks like they’ve been trying to throw more and more each game. So maybe just bad oline play so far?

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Just took at peek at the Wyoming Cowboys football schedule.  YIKES!  Murderer's row----especially with Hawaii and USU being good.

Only possible wins I see for Wyoming are (1) SJSU, (2) AFA, (3) CSU.   But of those three, probably only SJSU, who is comparable to Wofford, who gave Wyoming all it could handle last weekend.

Maybe Josh Allen really did win Wyoming a lot of games?

Schedule[edit]

Date Time Opponent Site TV Result Attendance
August 25 8:00 p.m. at New Mexico State* ESPN2 W 29–7 20,322
September 1 1:30 p.m. Washington State* CBSSN L 19–41 24,131
September 8 5:00 p.m. at Missouri* ESPNU L 13–40 50,820
September 15 2:00 p.m. No. 8 (FCS) Wofford*
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
Stadium W 17–14 20,293
September 29 5:00 p.m. Boise State
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
CBSSN    
October 6 10:00 p.m. at Hawaii SPEC HI    
October 13   at Fresno State ESPN Networks    
October 20 12:30 p.m. Utah Statedagger
ATTSNRM    
October 26 8:00 p.m. at Colorado State CBSSN    
November 3 12:00 p.m. San Jose State
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
ATTSNRM    
November 17   Air Force
  • War Memorial Stadium
  • Laramie, WY
ESPN Networks    
November 24 12:30 p.m. at New Mexico ATTSNRM    
  • *Non-conference game
  • daggerHomecoming
  • #Rankings from AP Poll released prior to the game
  • All times are in Mountain time

Source:[10]

Of course we finish above .500.  Really I would wager that we finish with a better record than Byu.  That seems pretty fair.  

We beat WYO last year in San Jose, but I think the odds are in the Cowboys favor in Laramie this season. The game is Nov. 3rd, so it might be snowing there by then.

2 hours ago, the former 1066 said:

I see one victory against San Jose and a massive loss to Boise who will be out to demonstrate their manhood after last week.

You better check that vision former non-ass*ole...in case you haven't been watching, SJS covers spreads, and on Nov 3rd we'll no doubt cover whatever we're favored by.....book that sheet!

13 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

You better check that vision former non-ass*ole...in case you haven't been watching, SJS covers spreads, and on Nov 3rd we'll no doubt cover whatever we're favored by.....book that sheet!

Did not know saint josie was such a powerhouse. Did they teach you that psudo macho lingo in the air force or was it featured in a saint josie lit class?