Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Is a 12-1 SDSU our only hope for the access bowl?

To me it seems like for a 12-1 Fresno or BSU or USU to get into the access bowl we would need the AAC champ to have two loses. That basically means we need the AAC West to win the AAC champ game. I mean Cincy/UCF/USF are all 3-0 I am guessing the odds are pretty good one of them ends the regular season with only one loss.

SDSU however could pass up a 1 loss AAC champ. This is assuming Stanford ends the season highly ranked and ASU ends the season ranked. SDSU would have a marquee big-5 win which Boise (Ok State), USU (Mich State), Fresno (maybe Minny? surely UCLA is not gonna be a marquee win) all blew their chance at a marquee big-5 win. 

Still hoping Fresno goes 12-1 but realistically, in terms of the access bowl, the conference probably wants SDSU to go 12-1.  

22 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

To me it seems like for a 12-1 Fresno or BSU or USU to get into the access bowl we would need the AAC champ to have two loses. That basically means we need the AAC West to win the AAC champ game. I mean Cincy/UCF/USF are all 3-0 I am guessing the odds are pretty good one of them ends the regular season with only one loss.

SDSU however could pass up a 1 loss AAC champ. This is assuming Stanford ends the season highly ranked and ASU ends the season ranked. SDSU would have a marquee big-5 win which Boise (Ok State), USU (Mich State), Fresno (maybe Minny? surely UCLA is not gonna be a marquee win) all blew their chance at a marquee big-5 win. 

Still hoping Fresno goes 12-1 but realistically, in terms of the access bowl, the conference probably wants SDSU to go 12-1.  

Are you drunk? Boise is still in the top 25 and is only behind UCF of the G5s. They would easily be the highest ranked G5 if UCF lost. 

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Are you drunk? Boise is still in the top 25 and is only behind UCF of the G5s. They would easily be the highest ranked G5 if UCF lost. 

I think what the OP is getting at is that because of the ridiculousness of the turnover throne, the pollsters would not take Boise seriously, leading to a decline in the polls.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Just now, godogsgo said:

I think what the OP is getting at is that because of the ridiculousness of the turnover throne, the pollsters would not take Boise seriously, leading to a decline in the polls.

They were just trying to shift focus away from the ridiculous Blue turf... because no one has taken them seriously for years because of that. 

34 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Huh? Utah State, Boise, Fresno, SDSU, Hawaii all have realistic chances. It is far to easy to be eliminating anyone competitive. 

UCF could get boat raced by FAU this weekend. Even that would not eliminate them. 

Good God people! BSU has what very few teams in this league has... street cred!

if I’m a bowl committee, and I’m looking for a marque draw for my bowl, it’s BSU all the way, if only for the fact that BSU has by far, the largest traveling fan base in the league... a 12-1 BSU is a no brainer!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

NO

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Stop....just....stop

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Good God people! BSU has what very few teams in this league has... street cred!

if I’m a bowl committee, and I’m looking for a marque draw for my bowl, it’s BSU all the way, if only for the fact that BSU has by far, the largest traveling fan base in the league... a 12-1 BSU is a no brainer!

tyx9emw.gif

Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel said on their Sirius show this morning that if SDSU could somehow manage to win out, the Aztecs would probably be better situated for the NY6 berth than anyone else. I'll wait until after the Aztecs' Oct. 6 game at Boise to give it any serious thought.

Boom goes the dynamite.

What is more interesting to me is if UCF has a second straight undefeated season will they be chosen for the playoff. If not, all hell is going to break loose, especially if there are no other undefeated teams. 

At the end, if it is close between UCF and Boise State, the Fiesta Bowl will be lobbying hard for the Broncos. We have outdrawn our opponents at all three previous Fiesta Bowls. 

SDSU always forgets to bring it's A game some week is so I doubt it will win out. In fact this Saturday a good example, the 117th pass defense SDSU vs the 11th pass offense EMU. SDSU is getting no turnovers and penalties aplenty. eight freshmen on the traveling squad only nine seniors.I will settle for a ten win season.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

^^^^^

Agree with above. This is an 8-4 team, absolutely no turnovers of consequence on D, O however was vastly improved versus ASU. This week is a test, hope the kids aren't settling on the ASU win as we will have struggles this week with a hungry EMU team. 

49 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

What is more interesting to me is if UCF has a second straight undefeated season will they be chosen for the playoff. If not, all hell is going to break loose.

Hell will only break loose if there’s not enough money in their budget for another cubic zirconia national Championship ring and bannner.