Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulldog Rob

MWC West Division goes 3-1 against the PAC-12 today

The Bulldogs whipped our ass.    I'm now worried about our undefeated streak against the Aztecs next season if we our administration doesn't recognize the game has passed Chip Kelly by.

The lapses in discipline indicate that the Bruins have less respect for Chip Kelly than the 49ers players did in his last job.  It's unbelievable that the Bruins are basically unwatchable.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Not trying to sound like a sore loser but those wins over those Pac-12 schools could ultimately end up not being that impressive.  But I guess you will take any win over the PAC. B) 

Oregon State is most likely going to finish in the Pac-12 North basement this season.  Ditto for UCLA in the South basement.  The jury is still out on ASU and you are going to find out soon how good ASU is since they travel to Seattle this week plus after they play Oregon State, they play @CU, Stanford, @USC, then Utah.  That could be a 4-5 team with three games to play which would be UCLA, @Oregon, and @Arizona.

Congrats on your weekend tho.

The Pac is dog shit.  Closer to the AAC and MW in terms of quality than they are the P4 (SEC, B1G, ACC and Big 12) conferences.

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Not trying to sound like a sore loser but those wins over those Pac-12 schools could ultimately end up not being that impressive.  But I guess you will take any win over the PAC. B) 

Oregon State is most likely going to finish in the Pac-12 North basement this season.  Ditto for UCLA in the South basement.  The jury is still out on ASU and you are going to find out soon how good ASU is since they travel to Seattle this week plus after they play Oregon State, they play @CU, Stanford, @USC, then Utah.  That could be a 4-5 team with three games to play which would be UCLA, @Oregon, and @Arizona.

Arizona will battle UCLA for the basement.   UCLA playing lots of kids.  They will get better.

2 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

The Bulldogs whipped our ass.    I'm now worried about our undefeated streak against the Aztecs next season if we our administration doesn't recognize the game has passed Chip Kelly by.

The lapses in discipline indicate that the Bruins have less respect for Chip Kelly than the 49ers players did in his last job.  It's unbelievable that the Bruins are basically unwatchable.

I haven't really had a chance to watch UCLA this year, but you can't make rash judgments like that 3 games into year one with a new coach.  You gotta give him some time to get his players in there and change the culture to his culture.  

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Given the huge monetary and recruiting advantages the PAC12 has over our programs, yeah, it is a big deal when we beat them. And it should be a big embarrassment for the PAC12. I dont care where they are at in the standings there is a huge financial gulf between our conferences. So it is a big deal and will remain so no matter how you want to downplay it.

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

I haven't really had a chance to watch UCLA this year, but you can't make rash judgments like that 3 games into year one with a new coach.  You gotta give him some time to get his players in there and change the culture to his culture.  

I'm also a 49er fan who watch his woeful coaching ruin one of my favorite teams already

4 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

I get your frustration and I’m not predicting his future success or failure as the Bruin’s coach...but he’s playing a ton of true freshmen (even a 17 year old)...so it’s tough hammer him too hard at this point....but, like the analyst calling the game said last night, you’d like to see more signs of buy-in at this point. 

1 hour ago, Bruininthebay said:

I'm also a 49er fan who watch his woeful coaching ruin one of my favorite teams already

Agreed.

Kelly parlayed a new offensive system into becoming the toast of college football for a number of years. Now that half the teams in the country are using that system, he's nothing more than a Chip Off the Old Block.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Terry Donahue's Niner general manager time coincided with my return t to the Bay Area (He was ok in college because #wins but the offense was SO simplistic).  Boy was that Niner era the definitive end of the Dynasty - Jeff Garcia is under-rated.

Chip Kelly is just brutal at the press conferences.  I doubt anyone subscribes to the UCLA athletics channel but his press colloquies are B R U T A L.   

The real question is whether our record will exceed that of SJSU.  Until such time as our football team wins a game, I suggest this board focus on SJSU's 'little brother' to the south.

Any one notice that US News rankings...

12 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

This my friends is the specimen known as self loathing bruinfan.  Ive known many of them over the years.

He multiplies in the wild, and is unerringly pessimistic about his alma maters chances.  It does not matter if that years football or basketball team is good or bad, he is never happy.

I think its a little early in Kellys tenure to conclude the game has passed him by.

8 hours ago, av-rated said:

I get your frustration and I’m not predicting his future success or failure as the Bruin’s coach...but he’s playing a ton of true freshmen (even a 17 year old)...so it’s tough hammer him too hard at this point....but, like the analyst calling the game said last night, you’d like to see more signs of buy-in at this point. 

I dont think your going to see buy in from many of the guys that have been moved down the depth chart in favor of Chips recruits.  Remember the Pirates first year was kind of like this.

17 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

Terry Donahue's Niner general manager time coincided with my return t to the Bay Area (He was ok in college because #wins but the offense was SO simplistic).  Boy was that Niner era the definitive end of the Dynasty - Jeff Garcia is under-rated.

Chip Kelly is just brutal at the press conferences.  I doubt anyone subscribes to the UCLA athletics channel but his press colloquies are B R U T A L.   

The real question is whether our record will exceed that of SJSU.  Until such time as our football team wins a game, I suggest this board focus on SJSU's 'little brother' to the south.

Any one notice that US News rankings...

I was never a fan of Chip at the Ducks.  And am certainly not an apologist for him.

I just watched this press conference that you linked.  What was it that bothered you?  His answers seemed fine.  His tone was composed.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:27 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Pac is dog shit.  Closer to the AAC and MW in terms of quality than they are the P4 (SEC, B1G, ACC and Big 12) conferences.

Which really sucks. East Coast bias is bad enough without the PAC stinking things up.