Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Harsin

7 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Out coached again. He'll get 9 wins again and cash paychecks.  Embarrassing. 

Do you pay attention to college football at all? Mike Gundy is a hell of a coach. How is that surprising? Plus OSU has better athletes, plain and simple. 

Missed FG and two blocked punts. You can’t go on the road against a ranked opponent and do that. That said, Boise State will be fine. They’ll bounce back from this. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

Yeah keep on being ok with a mediocre coach. He has like 2 big games a year and loses all of them. 

You don't know anything about football.  You got beaten by a better team.  You don't get stomped on the road when you're a dog because of a few coaching decisions. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

You don't know anything about football.  You got beaten by a better team.  You don't get stomped on the road when you're a dog because of a few coaching decisions. 

This is great. Bsu was favored at game time and harsin got ran. Couldn't even get a punt off, or make any adjustments at half time. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

This is great. Bsu was favored at game time and harsin got ran. Couldn't even get a punt off, or make any adjustments at half time. 

Harsin is a good coach.  I don't know who you think you bring in that would be better.

Be careful when you run off a guy who wins 80% of his games.  There's not a lot of room to go up, but plenty to go down.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

It’s funny when you lose a game some guys think it’s always the coaches fault. Sometimes you just run into a better team with better players like Boise State did today. They kicked our ass in the trenches. 

By the way Rypien played one helluva game today. Maybe the best he has ever played considering the pressure he was under the whole game. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

It’s funny when you lose a game some guys think it’s always the coaches fault. Sometimes you just run into a better team with better players like Boise State did today. They kicked our ass in the trenches. 

By the way Rypien played one helluva game today. Maybe the best he has ever played considering the pressure he was under the whole game.  

Rypien has wilted in previous games like this, but he hung in there and played tough.  I was switching back and forth and didn't see it all, but he's really grown as a player.

15 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Harsin is a good coach.  I don't know who you think you bring in that would be better.

Be careful when you run off a guy who wins 80% of his games.  There's not a lot of room to go up, but plenty to go down.

There are so few coaches like Chris Petersen. Even fewer that wind up at G5 schools, even good ones like Boise. Boise fans are spoiled beyond belief. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I agree. Sometimes coaches do everything right and put the players in a position to win and they fail. Haven't seen that scenario with harsin. He gets out coached all the time. Never beats anybody they shouldn't and loses a couple every year they shouldn't. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

There are so few coaches like Chris Petersen. Even fewer that wind up at G5 schools, even good ones like Boise. Boise fans are spoiled beyond belief. 

I will say I didn't watch a ton of their game because I was watching our game, but I saw a team that was overmatched today, and there's nothing wrong with that.  It's a tough place to play, it's a team that is top 15 most years.  Okie lite is really talented, tons of speed all over the field.  Boise came in flying high because they killed a couple of teams, and OSU hadn't really played anyone. 

I could see OSU winning that league.  They have a nice team.  I still think Boise has a great chance of going 11-1 and getting a great game at the end of the year.