Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Wofford at Wyoming

28 minutes ago, DCPoke said:

Actually the game is two weeks away.  Next week is a bye.

Yep sure is. I blame my idiocy on lack of sleep as a 911 operator. Great retirement but the career can be exhausting. 

2 hours ago, Swexy said:

A guy on the Wyo football Facebook page called me a hater because I said someone needs to be held accountable for the horrid offense. I’m grateful for my fellow Wyoming fans on this board who can recognize problems with the team and talk about them constructively. 

I probably stirred the pot with the whole “enjoy the 72-0 loss to Boise we have coming next week” I retorted with. 

Welcome to the board Zach.....you arm chair coach you!!! :ph34r::lol:

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

3 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

Ironic.  We're saying the same thing.  Tie on November 3 in Laramie this year???

3 hours ago, Subcanis said:

Recent history favors y'all.  :suicide:

Wyoming's offense is going to have to improve significantly to beat SJSU.  Frankly the defense is not playing as well as last year with pretty much the same personnel.  Admitedly, the D is hung out to try every week but I think they are demoralized as well and it's affecting their play.  How can they not be wathcing this putrid offense from the sidelines.  

24 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Welcome to the board Zach.....you arm chair coach you!!! :ph34r::lol:

Haha. I’ve been on the board for a while and couldn’t remember my damn password for my old user name. Had to make a new one. 

Whew, I didn't expect the Pokes to blow them out but I did wrongly expect a much better performance than this.  Pokes biggest fault imo is they absolutely cannot convert a 3rd and 1 or even a 2nd and short down.  

So I keep saying Vigen is not the primary cause of the problems on offense.  Wyoming simply doesn't have the players to execute.  This is a run oriented team and they only managed 89 yards rushing against an FCS team (albeit a good FCS team).   Wyoming receivers are mostly young and they have some problems and the O line is still suspect.  Wofford defense was able to sack TVW 3 times and got pressure on him all game.  TVW did actually have a good game. He's showing to be a competent quarterback imo.  But regardless the team has to be able to run the ball effectively and if they can't their just not good enough to be a big passing team.   Between penalties and defensive pressure on the QB, this team won't win just on the pass.  
Wyo defense gave up 221 yards rushing which was a lot more than they gave up against Missouri (of course Wofford is a lousy passing team though).  If Wofford had  a decent QB/passing game they would have won this game easily.  

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

So I keep saying Vigen is not the primary cause of the problems on offense.  Wyoming simply doesn't have the players to execute. 

Wyoming receivers are mostly young and they have some problems and the O line is still suspect. 

First two sentences are contradictory.

Why are we still so "young" in year 5?

This offense is a textbook example of coaching failure.  He keeps trying to shoehorn this system into our program, completely disregarding the fact that he has failed to recruit the players necessary to run it effectively. 

We do have some talent and our offense can be serviceable when the playcalling suits the personnel (as seen by the final 2 minutes).  

Why did it take 58 minutes and staring down the barrel of a loss that could have potentially set the program back several more years for something to change? 

Ego?  Ignorance?  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

2 hours ago, Subcanis said:

First two sentences are contradictory.

Why are we still so "young" in year 5?

This offense is a textbook example of coaching failure.  He keeps trying to shoehorn this system into our program, completely disregarding the fact that he has failed to recruit the players necessary to run it effectively. 

We do have some talent and our offense can be serviceable when the playcalling suits the personnel (as seen by the final 2 minutes).  

Why did it take 58 minutes and staring down the barrel of a loss that could have potentially set the program back several more years for something to change? 

Ego?  Ignorance?  

This x1000! It’s on Vigens shoulders that the play calling isn’t changing to what is working. 100% of the offense issues are on Vigens head. This includes:

poor execution

young players

Poor recruiting 

poor play calling

tetons1.jpg