Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

RAMS at Florida

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The OL is awful.  we've been spoiled the last few years with very good OL play.   Defenses play 6 in the box and stuff the run all day long; it doesnt help when your top RB is a plodder.  On obvious passing situations KJ had to run for his life.  The number of blind side hits he took yesterday was embarrassing.  Roundtree and Knox were completely overmatched at the Tackle positions.

The defense was decent yesterday other than the fact that the DL consistently gets pushed around.

Punt Special Team was the worst I have ever seen.

OL DL, ST are far worse than the QB play.

Yep, lots of issues and none of those are a surprise.  These were expected to be problems that would get a little better as the team progressed.  It was commonly assumed prior to the season though that we would be able to win overwhelm those for a while with a high power offense.  Instead, our offense has been very dysfunctional.  Just like last night, the opportunities were there.  A lot more opportunities than just whether to go for it on fourth and one.  We just didn't (couldn't) take advantage of those opportunities.  We can't run the ball, and our QB doesn't know where to throw it unless his primary receiver is open.  That's a bad combo.  Hill has been throwing good passes that bounce off of guys chests.  I say give him more practice and game reps.  He's our guy.  We're going nowhere with KJ.

18 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Yep, lots of issues and none of those are a surprise.  These were expected to be problems that would get a little better as the team progressed.  It was commonly assumed prior to the season though that we would be able to win overwhelm those for a while with a high power offense.  Instead, our offense has been very dysfunctional.  Just like last night, the opportunities were there.  A lot more opportunities than just whether to go for it on fourth and one.  We just didn't (couldn't) take advantage of those opportunities.  We can't run the ball, and our QB doesn't know where to throw it unless his primary receiver is open.  That's a bad combo.  Hill has been throwing good passes that bounce off of guys chests.  I say give him more practice and game reps.  He's our guy.  We're going nowhere with KJ.

The blocked punts were a bit surprising to me