Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot50B

OT - Canelo vs. GGG Part 2

20 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1eabba3a-2b94-4d2b-9883-8e6c4f91aeae.png

I don’t understand why Golovkin doesn’t work the body against Canelo like he did earlier in his career. The guy’s chin is made of granite, you gotta chop him down.

Canelo was dazed in the last few rounds, could see him stumbling 

38 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1eabba3a-2b94-4d2b-9883-8e6c4f91aeae.png

I don’t understand why Golovkin doesn’t work the body against Canelo like he did earlier in his career. The guy’s chin is made of granite, you gotta chop him down.

He doesnt want to get countered which is Canelos bread & butter. I had GGG up 2 rounds but I knew for some reason Canelos was going to get the decision for being the aggresor 

Related image

On 9/15/2018 at 6:11 PM, Spot50B said:

Canelo wins in a majority decision (two for Canelo, one tie).  Can't really argue as it seemed even.

Floyd's win over Canelo looks better and better as the years go by.

I know its was a money grab but a bone head decision by Dela Hoya to put Canelo against Floyd at a young age despite Canelos experience he already had 

Related image

10 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

He doesnt want to get countered which is Canelos bread & butter. I had GGG up 2 rounds but I knew for some reason Canelos was going to get the decision for being the aggresor 

I get that but it’s not like he isn’t getting countered going upstairs.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

27 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

Canelo was dazed in the last few rounds, could see him stumbling 

Yes, but he recovered. Anyone that can withstand 220 vicious head shots from a pissed off, desperate GGG has one hell of a chin.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, trvitmvnz said:

I know its was a money grab but a bone head decision by Dela Hoya to put Canelo against Floyd at a young age despite Canelos experience he already had 

Do you think he would have developed better without the defeat? Because I’m not sure I agree, but I don’t disagree either. I don’t really know how valuable getting outclassed like that is to a developing fighter. The guy who beat Cotto (8-4 in my mind) was clearly a much improved fighter a little more than a year later. Would he have been that good had he been able to wait 2 years, good enough in my mind to really be dangerous to the Floyd that dragged Berto a few months earlier?

Money grab aside, the real risk was Canelo not developing into the very bankable star he was on his way to becoming. Until that point, he looked like a sure moneymaker. But fighting Mayweather put him in a huge event that was able to draw eyes that don’t normally pay much attention to boxing. Purely economically, I think it was the right decision to cash in his undefeated record. He still developed into the biggest star in the sport. And it turns out he developed the skills to be worthy of all that financial success. He is a top ten pound for pound fighter, and still getting better.