Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPslograd

MP3 player

2 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

I use my phone now. But it was a struggle. I liked managing my own music but eventually I gave in

My wife stopped using her Sandisk mp3 so I appropriated it a year or two ago.  Its super tiny.

What I dig about it is because neither it or the portable speaker I plug it into are using bluetooth the battery lasts forever on both.  

Are you using primarily a streaming service or your own files on your phone?

I was a late comer to my phone... stopped using one of those little iPods about 2 years ago. Google music is great, especially if you have your own music to upload. It integrates that.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I use Google Music on my phone.  My son organized a family deal, up to 6 people, includes YouTube Red, cost $2.50 per month.  I set up playlists, downloaded to my phone so there is no play interruption when I travel across the country in places like Meeteetsee, Thermopolis, and Greybull.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

My wife stopped using her Sandisk mp3 so I appropriated it a year or two ago.  Its super tiny.

What I dig about it is because neither it or the portable speaker I plug it into are using bluetooth the battery lasts forever on both.  

I use spotify 

It let's me download the songs as well so I can listen on the metro when I lose signal

The SanDisk Sansa is a very well designed device. I have friends from school who work there and they said they focused on power efficiency. I still have one, too 

5 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

I use my phone now. But it was a struggle. I liked managing my own music but eventually I gave in

I manage my own music on my phone.  Use it just like an any mp3 player.  I keep all my music in just dumb old folders on Windows on my desktop PC and just copy them all to my SD card on my phone. I don't use iTunes or Google Play to manage anything but I will use google play for the "radio" when I want something different.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I manage my own music on my phone.  Use it just like an any mp3 player.  I keep all my music in just dumb old folders on Windows on my desktop PC and just copy them all to my SD card on my phone. I don't use iTunes or Google Play to manage anything but I will use google play for the "radio" when I want something different.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+incredibles+no+school+like+thw+old+school&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dyoutube%2bincredibles%2bno%2bschool%2blike%2bthw%2bold%2bschool%26FORM%3dEDGENA&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=2CF2B83916B142AFBA092CF2B83916B142AFBA09&FORM=WRVORC

I use an iPod Shuffle when I’m skiing because it’s battery lasts all day and I don’t have to worry about losing the signal, but otherwise I use Spotify. 

23 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Any of you clowns still use one, or am I the last one?

My co-worker found his old one a few months ago, played with it and started working again. He said he forgot about some of the music that he used to have it. But it's a real old MP3 player.

I use my Ipod all the time, actually onto my second one now.

5 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I use an iPod Shuffle when I’m skiing because it’s battery lasts all day and I don’t have to worry about losing the signal, but otherwise I use Spotify. 

Yah, the battery is the only real advantage left I guess.  And the size difference in the case of the smaller ones like the sandisk ones.  Plus, you aren't using your phones battery.

I use Amazon Music and Spotify too on various devices.

I feel your co-worker, anytime I get use out of an old discarded tool it makes me happy.  That's one of the reasons I like my mp3 player so much.

43 minutes ago, poke em said:

Sandisk clip with rockbox firmware. Works great for mountain biking and snowboarding when I don't want to risk breaking my $800 phone.

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I use a SanDisk  clip player  for the FM radio at sporting events. Occasional jogging.

Hey, there you go.  Great minds think alike.  I love this little guy

IMG_20180917_172638.jpg

My car is a giant MP3 player.

I have an ipod that I just pulled out of my old car - not sure when I'll use it again (It still works). since I have all my music on my phone. (Google play, and a 128Gb SD Card)

sure beats the days of carrying a discman that would skip all the time.

God is a Cowboy

WYO.jpg

On 9/15/2018 at 7:46 AM, CPslograd said:

I use it for both but I have 64GB internal and a 128GB card so space isn't an issue. Battery can be a problem in certain situations like a long flight but I have an external I carry with me.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke