Sign in to follow this  
crixus

Nike Stock Closes At Record High

9 hours ago, crixus said:

Last weeks protest and boycott didn't work. The Nike swoosh is even $tronger than before. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nike-stock-closes-record-high-040836169.html

ca3e85b0acd83b9962277f81070dec1f

If there is any effective boycott, it won't be felt in the first week.  Those that support Nike's decision are out buying Nike.  Those that oppose Nike's decision are out buying Adidas.  Emotional, reactionary, decisions in the first week or two most likely do not reflect any long-term impact to Nike.  When I need another pair of tennies in six months, will I consider Nike?  This long-term cycle is what will matter, if at all.

Nike's stock price movement 2-days after they dropped the commercial is pretty much all emotion.

• Like 1

WHAT!!!  YOU MEAN I BOUGHT A PAIR OF CHEETAHS FOR NOTHING! THATS COMPLETE BULLSH*T!!!!!

If Nike were a boot company their decision would be bad.   They are a sneaker company however and I’m guessing the ad will pay off.   

• Like 1

Dml2TacUwAUG8Nt.jpg

Masking tape sales are up, too!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, pokebball said:

If there is any effective boycott, it won't be felt in the first week.  Those that support Nike's decision are out buying Nike.  Those that oppose Nike's decision are out buying Adidas.  Emotional, reactionary, decisions in the first week or two most likely do not reflect any long-term impact to Nike.  When I need another pair of tennies in six months, will I consider Nike?  This long-term cycle is what will matter, if at all.

Nike's stock price movement 2-days after they dropped the commercial is pretty much all emotion.

This is true. Excellent post.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Dml2TacUwAUG8Nt.jpg

Masking tape sales are up, too!

Yeah for the few 60 year olds like that guy who wear sneakers