Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Fox "News", everyone

14 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I think CNN has actually pretty good as recently as about 5 years ago.

But they were getting killed in the ratings, and so they hired Jeff Zucker from NBC, who then copied Fox's business model.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Zucker#Career_at_CNN

I'm surprised that there are people that still think CNN is a lot better than Fox.  They are both hack networks now.

They both have some good programming and some bad programming.  Fox makes their money, however, from the political hacks.  CNN is still trying to figure that out and it got pretty sloppy for them, and still is.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, pokebball said:

They both have some good programming and some bad programming.  Fox makes their money, however, from the political hacks.  CNN is still trying to figure that out and it got pretty sloppy for them, and still is.

I agree.

Here is what I've noticed.   

CNN will bring on a Republican and a Democrat "panel", with the CNN host usually siding with the Democrat.  Then the two just argue back and forth.  Very little reporting, or insight into things.  It's all about "scoring points" in the debate.

Fox will bring on an all Republican panel, that all agrees.  Or they will bring on a mentally retarded Democrat, and make them look like a fool.

Both approaches are garbage.

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I think CNN has actually pretty good as recently as about 5 years ago.

But they were getting killed in the ratings, and so they hired Jeff Zucker from NBC, who then copied Fox's business model.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Zucker#Career_at_CNN

I'm surprised that there are people that still think CNN is a lot better than Fox.  They are both hack networks now.

CNN is to Trump what Fox News was to Obama. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 9/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, HR_Poke said:

exactly!  Trying to claim anything else just shows edluvars own partisanship...

I’m comfortable saying Fox is more whacky than cnn.  Like Clinton and Trump.  Both lie but one is not like the other in that respect and it’s really not close.  To not recognize it shows your partnership and making false equivalencies is intellectually lazy.  

Posted Image

On 9/17/2018 at 9:49 AM, #1Stunner said:

Are you really saying that CNN isn't biased anymore?

Look, I used to be a big fan of CNN.  But they are a mirror image of Fox ever since they hired Jeff Zucker from NBC to run things.

I certainly don’t think they are as far off center as Fox.   

Posted Image

On 9/17/2018 at 11:20 AM, #1Stunner said:

I agree.

Here is what I've noticed.   

CNN will bring on a Republican and a Democrat "panel", with the CNN host usually siding with the Democrat.  Then the two just argue back and forth.  Very little reporting, or insight into things.  It's all about "scoring points" in the debate.

Fox will bring on an all Republican panel, that all agrees.  Or they will bring on a mentally retarded Democrat, and make them look like a fool.

Both approaches are garbage.

Nah, CNN brings on a never Trumper Republican that agrees with the other two most of the time.  Fox has really changed since the other 2 have gone total “resistant”. They don’t have as many Dems on because the Dem viewpoint is everywhere during this presidency. 

Before Trump, Fox has always beaten CNN and MSNBC about 97%of the time. How? Fox has gotten a 40-50% Democrat viewership. Why do they watch? They have the most interesting programming than the other two. They watch and pull for the Dem. The key to long term great ratings is having people from both parties watching. Rush Limbaugh has a 50/50 viewership and Dems love to hate him. But he keeps it interesting and people listen. 

kat.jpg

On 9/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, NVGiant said:

Ha! I'm not cheerleading that guy. I'm critical of Fox's product, which is a steaming pile of dogshit. There is no news value in trading insults with a guy, name-calling, and putting it on national TV. I don't care that a lawyer barked insults. Kick him off the show then. Instead. Fox jumped right in the mud with them. in fact, they put that "creepy lawyer" bit on the chyron before Avanetti even opened his mouth.

That's just trash TV, which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't the main source of news for many.

Do you realize that none of that is supposed to be hard news? The shows on Fox are editorial. There’s only a small amount of hard news. 

kat.jpg