Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

Nevada vs Oregon State

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This is a must win for Nevada. I will admit though, when the schedule came out I had this labeled as a Loss for Nevada. Honestly I think most of us don't know what kind of team we have yet. 

Played Portland St who is a bad Big Sky team and then the team didn't show up against Vandy which was really disapointing. So we really don't know what kind of team we have.........however I do believe there is more work involved than some people think on the rebuilding. 

If Nevada loses this they should rehire Polian. Oregon St. is that bad and getting worst week by week. That’s what happens when you steal bad coaches from a bad team.

Please don’t pull another Fresno St by losing to a bottom feeder P-5 school.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

41 minutes ago, Warbow said:

If Nevada loses this they should rehire Polian. Oregon St. is that bad and getting worst week by week. That’s what happens when you steal bad coaches from a bad team.

I am not sure where you guys are getting this idea that Nevada 'should win".  Bad PAC 12 teams beat bad MW teams  pretty much every time.  

59 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I am not sure where you guys are getting this idea that Nevada 'should win".  Bad PAC 12 teams beat bad MW teams  pretty much every time.  

Oregon St is ugly bad. Not just a bad P-12 team but maybe the worst P-5 team this year.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

48 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Oregon St is ugly bad. Not just a bad P-12 team but maybe the worst P-5 team this year.

If Nevada was one of the better mid majors out there you might be on to something..I am hoping they win but the Pack is in a long rebuilding phase and just aren't all that good.

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

Polian is the reason we're in this fix.  This is only Norvell's 2nd year after starting from scratch.  Likely 25 guys will be playing in their 3rd college game this week.

I was surprised how bad Oregon State was in Fort Collins last season.  They actually had some pretty decent size and speed but were a classic "Do less with more" program.  It'll be interesting to see if their new staff has them starting to turn around or if its going to take a little more time.  It'll be a good game if OSU is turning it around.

50 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I was surprised how bad Oregon State was in Fort Collins last season.  They actually had some pretty decent size and speed but were a classic "Do less with more" program.  It'll be interesting to see if their new staff has them starting to turn around or if its going to take a little more time.  It'll be a good game if OSU is turning it around.

Yeah, they're not good. They do have a new coaching staff, but it was a reach hire. 

Oregon State's top receiver is out.  They won't pick a starting QB for tomorrow's game until Saturday.  The best thing going for OSU is their running game.  They have a phenomenal freshman running back in Jermar Jefferson.

If unr can't stop the run then it might be a challenge otherwise, OSU is beatable.  

10 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I don't think Nevada will be able to stop the run or even slow it down.  Their only chance in this game is to win a shootout..

If this game was in Corvallis OSU would be a 20 point favorite..

As it is it is close to a pick em now.

Yes, their freshman running back will be a challenge as I've said.  The good thing for unr is that you guy's deploy a defensive scheme that they don't see much.  That is a good advantage for your D.  You guys also rank in the top 20 nationally for tackles for loss.  (Yes, I know it's a bit early for rankings but, you show promise there).  If you guys can just keep an eye on that running back and not let him run wild you have a good shot at this.