Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Should BSU Miss The Playoff

If BSU loses some game, but nonetheless, ends up the G5 auto-bid, then at least we’d be able to compete for our fourth Fiesta - the G5 AQ bowl again...

However, if we win out, I’d say there’s no less than 60% odds were gonna play ‘em off...

Either way, the season won’t be a failure unless we end up in Vegas again...

New-Signature.jpg

It would take a hell of lot for Boise State to make the CFP. Seriously, it would be a +++++ing miracle and would require so much attrition of at least 3 of the Power Conferences. As in the SEC has two 3 loss teams in their CCG, the B1G also. Otherwise they are going to just shove their second place team in and go on as per usual. 

It ain't gonna happen this year in my opinion. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

It would take a hell of lot for Boise State to make the CFP. Seriously, it would be a +++++ing miracle and would require so much attrition of at least 3 of the Power Conferences. As in the SEC has two 3 loss teams in their CCG, the B1G also. Otherwise they are going to just shove their second place team in and go on as per usual. 

G5 wont make the playoff until they expand the field to 8.

59 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

If BSU loses some game, but nonetheless, ends up the G5 auto-bid, then at least we’d be able to compete for our fourth Fiesta - the G5 AQ bowl again...

However, if we win out, I’d say there’s no less than 60% odds were gonna play ‘em off...

All of the other P5 teams would need 2+ losses for BSU to make the playoffs.  Even if BSU wins out and wins all their games in blowouts, I say the odds of you making the playoffs are less than 10% 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

This is a perfect example of why one should not post after an all night bender.  Sixty percent indeed!  I wish the odds for BSU were that good but they're just not.  SIx percent would be more accurate.

In all reality you need ok state to win the big 12 and finish with 1 loss and be considered as in for the playoffs.  In that scenario coupled with an undefeated season you would have a real shot.  That is the only way for it to happen this year.  

49 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

It would take two undefeated seasons in a row, UCF has a shot if they win out but their schedule is pretty terrible as of now and looking to get worse with the cancellation of the UNC game.

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

It would take two undefeated seasons in a row, UCF has a shot if they win out but their schedule is pretty terrible as of now and looking to get worse with the cancellation of the UNC game.

I would still go back to my original statement that it would take some serious catastrophic results for the P5 CCG winners for even a 2 season undefeated UCF to make the CFP.  

45 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I would still go back to my original statement that it would take some serious catastrophic results for the P5 CCG winners for even a 2 season undefeated UCF to make the CFP.  

If UCF goes undefeated and gets a playoff snub, they'll likely secede from the NCAA and apply for NFL membership.

Just now, TyranosaurusFlex said:

Wow, I mean we've played great so far but that was against a pretty good troy team and +++++ing UCONN. Wait for next week till we start talking about AQ and playoffs. 

Fiesta Bowl win is the ceiling this year for sure.

3 minutes ago, TyranosaurusFlex said:

Wow, I mean we've played great so far but that was against a pretty good troy team and +++++ing UCONN. Wait for next week till we start talking about AQ and playoffs. 

I haven't seen this level of Self-assuredness since 2010...

nono.gif

Just now, tailingpermit said:

@mugtang created a documentary on how BSU's kick would have been good had the posts been regulation.

It's very similar to Oliver Stone's JFK.

:rolleyes:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

G5 wont make the playoff until they expand the field to 8.

pretty much, you would have to have a "perfect storm" of events otherwise, which would mostly include all but 3 other teams in top 10 with 2 losses.   

BUT, here goes the Boise State fans having delusions of grandeur without even having won a single conference game.  Its hardly worth bragging about beating one of the worst teams in the AAC and a mid-ling Sun belt team.