Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Scratch UTSA off of the expansion list

Almost blew up one of their football players...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The Roadrunners #85 did a great job with the roll and recovery move. He should be a stunt man when his football days are over. 

See the source image

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

Almost blew up one of their football players...

I mean he's not a football player, but how would it rate with Alphie falling off the back of the truck as the team is running onto the field, or falling into the dugout during a bowl game?

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

I mean he's not a football player, but how would it rate with Alphie falling off the back of the truck as the team is running onto the field, or falling into the dugout during a bowl game?

Both of those were hilarious. Archie’s reaction to the dugout fall was classic.

6 hours ago, Sputnik46 said:

A Wolf Pack linebacker had his jersey shot off when he stepped in front of the cannon back in the early nineties. Good times.

Was it? I thought it had just caught the bottom on fire. However I have seen a many different funny things involving people when that cannon went off over the years.

6 hours ago, Sputnik46 said:

Both of those were hilarious. Archie’s reaction to the dugout fall was classic.

What was funny was that my Dad made a comment about I hope Archie doesn't fall off the back of that truck. Then a week later he did. My Dad couldn't stop laughing and was like I wasn't serious about it.

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

Was it? I thought it had just caught the bottom on fire. However I have seen a many different funny things involving people when that cannon went off over the years.

Dang, you actually made me go back and do research to make sure my old guy memory wasn’t failing me haha.  I found an article from when Dan Gustin retired as the Pack announcer. He mentioned that one of the memorable things he saw during his career was when the guy who was in charge of the cannon shot it off as the team ran out on the field and it blew Steve Bryant’s jersey right off his back.

53 minutes ago, Sputnik46 said:

Dang, you actually made me go back and do research to make sure my old guy memory wasn’t failing me haha.  I found an article from when Dan Gustin retired as the Pack announcer. He mentioned that one of the memorable things he saw during his career was when the guy who was in charge of the cannon shot it off as the team ran out on the field and it blew Steve Bryant’s jersey right off his back.

Ah Ok I thought it just caught fire on the bottom and not blown off. But our memories did agree on that something happened to the uniform when that happened. LOL